Primary Education with QTS
Our Primary Education with QTS BA (Hons) degree is suitable for aspiring primary school teachers. The course provides the opportunity to gain the professional qualification of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) as well as a degree.
The three-year full-time course will enable you:
- To teach children in two key stages i.e. either aged between 3-7 or 5-11
- To deliver the curriculum as relevant to your chosen age phase
- To develop the skills needed to become a curriculum or age phase leader
- To work in a wide variety of schools, particularly in the urban environment.
The course has a proven track record, with 86 per cent of 2014 completers achieving a first or upper second class honours degree.
According to Ofsted the key strengths of the training include:
- The high quality of feedback given to trainees after lesson observations.
- The good use of specialist expertise in the teaching alliance and cluster groups of schools that helps trainees make very close links between their training and its implications for their own teaching.
- The phonics and mathematics training by tutors, which impacts well on trainees’ understanding of these aspects.