As a graduate, you can have free library membership for up to 24 months from the completion date of your course.
- Borrow up to four items at any one time
- Study in the drop-in quiet zones in our libraries
You can also connect to the ‘BCU Open Wifi’ on your own device. Electronic resource access via the library is limited, however you can search for Open Access resources via the Library Search on the homepage.
After the 24 month period has ended, there will be an annual £35 non-refundable charge payable at the Library Help Desk (card payment only) when you collect your library card. Example: if you graduated in July 2020, you will be eligible for free membership until July 2022. After July 2022, the annual fee will apply.
Alumni membership will provide you with access to any of our libraries, subject to the following:
- You'll need to provide proof of alumni status and name and current UK address (dated within three months of application).
- You'll need to bring your library card and proof of ID with you every time you want to access the library.
- A replacement charge of £10 is made for lost cards.
Applications will be processed within five working days from receipt of your application form.
Chat, email or text us your question
We'd love to hear from you, whether you've got a question about the information on this page or want to get in touch about something else.
What to do in an Emergency Situation
In an emergency, including where a First Aider is needed, contact Security on extension...