As a graduate, you can register for free access to the physical library space for up to 24 months from the completion date of your course.
- Borrow up to four items at any one time
- Study in the drop-in quiet zones in our libraries
- Connect to the 'BCU Open Wifi' on your own device
- View Open Access electronic resources (please note that this membership does not include the full range of electronic resources subscribed to by the library).
After the 24 month period has ended, there will be an annual £35 non-refundable charge payable at the Library Help Desk (card payment only) when you collect your library card. Example: if you graduated in July 2021, you will be eligible for free membership until July 2023. After July 2023, the annual fee will apply.
Apply for Alumni Library Membership
Alumni membership will provide you with access to any of our libraries, subject to the following:
- You'll need to provide proof of alumni status and name and current UK address (dated within three months of application).
- You'll need to bring your library card and proof of ID with you every time you want to access the library.
- A replacement charge of £10 is made for lost cards.
Applications will be processed within five working days from receipt of your application form.
Contact and feedback
We'd love to hear from you, whether you want to ask a question or report an issue.
Subscribe and stay up to date with the latest service announcements.
In case of an emergency, including when a First Aider is needed, contact Security from your mobile:
0121 331 6969
... or desk phone extension: