Planning your finances

As part of your Student Visa application, you’ll need to show that you have enough money for your first year of study tuition fees, and living expenses of £9,207 to cover your first 9 months in the UK.

Before travelling to the UK

  • Check whether you need permission to transfer money to the UK
  • Obtain permission to transfer money if required
  • Deposit enough money in your bank at home for transfer to the UK to cover tuition and accommodation fees, and living expenses.

Tuition Payment

For details about paying your tuition fees and deposit, please visit our How to Apply section.

Although you may be eligible to work part-time in the UK, it is important not to rely on these earnings to support your tuition fees or living costs.

The British Council can give you information about available financial support. It’s best to research this well in advance as some financial support can take over a year to apply for.

Bringing money into the UK

Although the British Government places no limit on the amount of money you can bring into the UK, there may be restrictions from your home country.

If your Government limits the amount of money you can take out, you should arrange to have the money transferred to the UK from your overseas bank several months before starting your course.

Please remember you can only transfer money to the University's bank account for payment of tuition or accommodation fees, not for your personal use.