Cookies and Privacy

The University uses cookies on this website to provide the best experience possible including delivering personalised content on this website, other websites and social media. By continuing to use the site you agree to this, or your can go to our cookie policy to learn more and manage your settings.

Contact Admissions

Coronavirus Update

For further information and updates in relation to COVID-19 please visit our webpage which will be kept up to date as the situation progresses.


You can find a full list of our Clearing FAQs here.


I haven't applied to BCU and would like some advice

Who can I contact?

Our course Pre-Entry Enquiries Team will be able to help; you can contact them on 0121 331 5595 or, or via the enquiry form.

I would like to find out more about the Open Days and/or book a place?

Further information on our Open Days can be found here

I've locked myself out of the application before submitting it, who can I contact to regain access?

 If you have forgotten your password you can reset it via the forgotten password button on the log on screen or here.   

If you do not know your BCU ID number please check your BCU communications or contact Admissions

The system does not allow me to create a new application. Who should I contact?  

I would like to apply for advanced entry on to an undergraduate course. How do apply? 

BCU is a member of the Midlands Enterprise Universities, as such if you're enquiring with regards to transferring to BCU from: 

  • Coventry University 
  • University of Derby 
  • Nottingham Trent University 
  • University of Wolverhampton 
  • University of Lincoln

Please email with details of the course you are currently studying and the BCU course you would to transfer to. A copy of your university transcript and an academic reference will also be required to give full consideration to your request to transfer.  

For transfers to BCU from all other universities please apply using UCAS and choose the year of entry you wish to be considered for. Further information can be found here.

I would like further information on the entry requirements.  

Full details of course entry requirements can be found on the BCU website and the UCAS course profile page. If this does not answer with your enquiry please contact Admissions.

What is my username? 

Your username is the same as your BCU application number. Your BCU application number can be found on emails you have received from the BCU Admissions team.  

Please note: your BCU ID number is different from your UCAS number.   

How can I reset my password? 

If you have forgotten your password you can reset it via the forgotten password button on the log on screen or here.


I have applied to BCU

I would like an update on my application.  

Thank you for your application to BCU. We aim to process all applications as quickly as possible. If you have applied using UCAS we will respond to your application within the published UCAS decision deadlines. If the university requires any further information or for you attend an interview, audition or portfolio review in support of your application we will send you an email to the email address listed in your application with further details. You can also check for outstanding actions via your mySRS portal.

I have submitted my application and no longer wish to be considered for the course

If you have applied to BCU via UCAS then you are able to withdraw your application to BCU on UCAS. If you have applied to BCU not using UCAS please contact Admissions, who will withdraw your application.

I have been asked to upload evidence of my qualifications

Further details of outstanding actions can be found on your mySRS portal. Please refer to the more information tab where details of the required documents and help guides can be accessed.

I would like to defer my application 

If you are thinking about taking a year out before coming to University, we will be happy to consider your application for deferred entry. You can only defer your application for one academic year. You need to have met the entry requirements in the year the application was made.

If you would like to be considered for deferred entry please contact Admissions. Find more information on deferrring your offer for this year here.

How do I upload the requested documentation?  

Birmingham City University will ask you to upload information to support your application. Once you have logged in to your mySRS BCU Applicant Portal you will be presented with your actions and help on how to do this. Please refer to your MySRS portal help guide section more information.

My application has been unsuccessful. Is it possible to have feedback on the decision?

Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot provide feedback. Most unsuccessful decisions will be based on not meeting our entry requirements so please refer to the course profiles on UCAS (B25) or the BCU website. If you attended an interview or audition and did not receive an offer, we can provide feedback upon request.

How do I update my contact details?

UCAS application – Please update these via your UCAS account, this will automatically update your details with BCU.

Direct application to BCU – please contact Admissions confirming the change to your details.

How do I update/correct qualifications listed on my application?

If you have made an error on your application or have forgotten to include a qualification, please contact Admissions with details of the required changes. If a decision has already been made on your application BCU would be willing to reconsider your application provided it is made clear why the original information was omitted or incorrect.

My course has a portfolio requirement, where can I find further guidance on what to include in my portfolio?

Please read carefully the information we have sent. Further guidance is available on our website.

I am unable to upload my portfolio onto the portal, how can I send this to you instead?

Check the size and format and make sure you submit your work as one PDF or PowerPoint file try to compress the file if it's the size which is the issue. Your digital portfolio should be no more than 10MB. Alternatively, email your portfolio to us including your BCU ID number and course applied for.

I did not upload my certificates as part of my online application, can this be provided at a later date?

Yes. Certificates and further information will be requested via email asking you to upload relevant documents to your BCU mySRS portal should this information be required.

I have made a mistake on the application form, how can I amend this?

If you have realised something is incorrect after submitting your application form, such as academic details, email us with your Applicant ID number so that we can update this for you.

Can I change the course I have applied for?

Please submit details of the course change to Admissions in writing. Our Admissions team will review your application and advise whether the course change will be possible.

I no longer have copies of my GCSE/A Level certificates, what can I do?

We can accept:

  • The statement of results (must be stamped and dated by your former school or college)
  • A letter on letter headed paper confirming subjects and grades obtained.
  • An email confirming your subject and grades from your school/college sent directly to us with your applicant ID number
  • You can request for replacement certificates with your examining board.
  • The statement of results (must be stamped and dated by your former school or college)

Please note that all academic documents will need to be provided prior to enrolment.

Prohibition List Check is listed in the outstanding actions of my portal, what does this relate to?

This is an additional check carried out by BCU so there is nothing that you are required to do in relation to this outstanding action. Once we have completed this check, we will mark it as Passed or Failed.

I need to request a letter to confirm my student status, who do I need to contact?

Unfortunately you will not be able to request a letter confirming your student status until the programme has commenced, you will also need to be fully enrolled on the programme. Once you are fully enrolled and on the course you will be able to obtain a letter confirming your student status through your school office. If you require a letter for applications such as your student finance, your BCU offer letter is all you require.

I already have a DBS, can this be used?

We would need to check that your DBS certificate is enhanced, for the child workforce only, is not for a voluntary role and registered to the update service, you will need to email us a copy of your enhanced DBS certificate to check if your certificate meets our required level of checks. Once the checks have been completed we will contact you to post your original DBS certificate to the below address via recorded or special delivery: Birmingham City University, HELS Admissions, University House, Birmingham, B5 5JU. If your DBS certificate does not meet the above requirements, then we would need you to apply for a new DBS via GBG online disclosures (through us).  Find further information regarding the DBS checks here.

What is the latest date to meet any conditions of my offer?

All conditions must be met by the 31 August.

I have exceptional, extenuating circumstances which have disrupted my studies-who do I contact?

If you've applied to study a BCU undergraduate degree, Foundation Year, Higher National or Foundation Degree course and have experienced issues of a personal, social or domestic nature that have affected your studies, or your ability to meet our published entry requirements or offer, we'd encourage you to let us know by completing our Disrupted Studies form.

We appreciate there are some issues that can't be discussed fully within the personal statement in your application. These are often things of a sensitive nature. The Disrupted Studies form gives you the opportunity to demonstrate how your situation has affected your studies level 2 and level 3 qualifications that are needed as part of our course entry requirements or offer. These should be circumstances that haven't already been mitigated by an examination board, or taken into account prior to awarding marks for formal assessments, such as coursework.

Further information can be found here or contact a member of the Admissions Team at 

Fees and scholarships

What are my course fees? 

All our course fees and options are listed under individual courses pages. For many of our undergraduate courses we also include information about any additional costs you will also need to budget for. If you receive an offer from BCU, the course fee will be provided in your offer email. 

I need some assistance with completing my student funding application

There is lots of advice available on the Government website. If it's specific advice relating to BCU, please contact our Funding Team

I would like to study the four year degree, to include the placement year, but I cannot see this as an option for my student finance

First year students will only be able to apply for the three-year version of the course, where there is also a placement year option, you can transfer on to the four-year placement version at the end of your second year.

Does the University offer financial support or scholarships?

Please refer to our dedicated web page for more information.


Other questions

How do I find out my timetable?

Key dates for the academic calendar can be found here.

I have a query about Accommodation

Our Accommodation Services team would be happy to help you. Please see our website or contact us.

As part of my online enrolment, I need to list my term-term address however I have not yet been allocated a room. What do I do?

Please use your current address as you will be able to update your term time address in the future by logging back onto the portal.

Contact our Admissions Team

If you would like to get in touch with our Admissions Team, please complete the form below.

Fee status

If you are an EU or International student, please email instead of continuing with this form and our International Office will be happy to help with your query.

* Please confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Policy

Birmingham City University is committed to safeguarding your personal data. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.

View a full copy of our privacy policy

Contacting us about how we use your information

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we use or handle your information please contact the Data Protection Officer at: Data Protection Officer, Information Management Team, Birmingham City University, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham B5 5JU, email

If you are not content with how we handle your information please contact our Data Protection Officer. However you do also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Information about the Information Commissioner.