Birmingham City University welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with schools in developing new and innovative training programmes to deliver School Direct teacher education.
We recognise that each school network will want to tailor a training programme that will meet the needs of their schools, their pupils, their teachers and their trainees.
Birmingham City University works in close partnership with school networks:
- In marketing School Direct programmes to attract the best candidates
- In developing robust recruitment and selection processes, designed to identify candidates who will become excellent teachers
- In the design of a tailored training programme, handbooks and course documentation
- In developing robust quality assurance processes
- In ensuring that all stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities
- In evaluating the impact of the programme on trainees, pupils, school staff and university tutors.
- Birmingham City University has a long and established history of delivering teacher training in the Midlands region.
We have successfully developed mutually beneficial relationships with a number of teaching organisations, demonstrated by our strong partnerships with over 1,000 schools, colleges and training organisations across the Midlands region.
Our School Direct Partners
- Biddulph High School (Secondary)
- Boldmere Junior School (Primary)
- Broadmeadow Special School (Primary)
- Charford First School (Primary)
- Greenholm Primary School (Primary)
- Holte School (Primary and Secondary)
- Prince Henry's High School (Secondary)
- RSA Academies Teaching School Alliance (Primary and Secondary)
- Ryders Hayes School (Primary)
- The Arthur Terry School (Secondary)
- The Earls High School (Secondary)
- Thomas Alleyne's High School (Secondary)
- Waverley Studio College (Secondary)