City Centre Campus
The Curzon Building
The £60 million Curzon Building is at the heart of our City Centre Campus and is home to our Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences.
The 24,300m² Curzon Building provides innovative teaching and learning space for staff and students, plus a range of state-of-the-art facilities and services, including:
- Mock courtrooms
- The City Trading Room
- Psychology labs
- The Link Marketing Agency
- Our City Centre Library which houses 62 million resources including books, online journals and e-book chapters
- Food and drink facilities
- Careers+, Graduate+ and Students' Union offices where students can seek advice and guidance
The construction of The Curzon Building also saw the complete restoration of a Victorian pub, The Eagle and Ball, which offers a unique home to the Students Union. The Eagle and Ball pub was built between 1840 and 1850 and was known as The Moby Dick when it closed in 2007. More about the Eagle and Ball.
Our 100,000-square-foot extension to the Curzon Building is home to the Technology Institute and accommodates approximately 3,000 students and staff.
The extended facilities for all staff and students include:
- Over 1,000m of learning space for all students
- Over 64 computers and 96 laptops to use
- New innovative group working lecture theatre
- Dedicated IT suite for students