Getting your CAS

When your offer becomes unconditional and meets the below conditions, we will email you a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number in a CAS statement.  The conditions will be:

  • You have paid your £3,000 deposit***, 
  • obtained your TB certificate (if applicable), and,
  • obtain your ATAS (applicable in a few technical courses for students in a selection of countries).

Please find out more by watching our video.

Turnaround times and deadlines for January 2022

We are currently experiencing extremely high volumes of applications for students who want to join our January 2022 intake. We aim to process the applications as quickly as possible, and you will be to view your decision application portal for updates.  However, you will be to view your decision application portal for updates. 

Once the payment has been confirmed and all other relevant documents received and approved, CAS normally takes five working days.  If the financial documents have not been provided, then these will be requested.


To make payments Pakistan Others
All other Master's courses TBD TBD
CAS Pakistan Others
All other Master's courses TBD TBD

Before we can issue you with a CAS, we need some additional information. Having all of this information prepared will make your visa application move as smoothly and quickly as possible.

Step 1: Accept your unconditional offer.
Step 2: Pay your £3,000 deposit for your course.***  
Step 3: Provide us with your financial evidence that you will use to apply for your visa*
Step 4: Once we’ve got everything, we’ll provide you with a CAS**
Step 5: Apply for your visa. Find out more here

*Depending on your home country, you may not be required to provide this information. See UK Government guidance for further information.

**There may be circumstances where we can't provide you with a CAS. Please refer to our CAS issuing policy for details.

*** Please note from 1st May 2021, international students' minimum deposit will be £3,000. 

How much do you need?
  • One year's tuition fee - minus any money paid to the university 
  • One year's living expenses, at least - £9,207
What do you need to supply? (see note* above)
  • Bank statements (no older than one month) must show at least 28 days between the first and last relevant transaction, and the last transaction should be a few days old,
  • Bank statements must be signed, stamped and dated by the bank on every page.
If it’s your own money

This money needs to have been in your account for at least 28 days for us to issue your CAS.

If the money is in your parents' account
  • Provide your birth certificate
  • Provide a letter from your parents stating you have the right to use these funds
If you are a sponsored student
  • You are not required to make a deposit payment
  • Please send us a copy of your sponsorship letter to confirm this and how much you are being sponsored for.