Getting your CAS
When your application offer becomes unconditional, and you have finally chosen Birmingham City University to be your university choice, you must obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance of Study (CAS) Letter to apply for a Student Route Visa. To get a CAS Letter, the essential requirements are:
- You must make at least a £4,000 deposit before Monday 31st July 2023, and send evidence of this to the University. We advise you make your payment through Flywire as this is our fastest payment method. Please note some courses have an earlier deadline (PGCE, MSc Professional Practice, BSc Nursing and MSc Social Work).
- You will need to email your payment receipt to your respective regional admissions team.
- Upload recent bank statements on CAS Shield (you will be sent login details once your Unconditional Offer has been issued). Your bank statements must demonstrate that you have the remainder of your first year’s Tuition Fees and at least £9,207 for living costs in your account for at least 28 days*.
- Obtained your TB certificate (if applicable),
- Pass your Pre-CAS interview (only applicable for applicants from Bangladesh, India, Nigeria, and Pakistan).
- ATAS (only applies to certain international students studying specific technical courses).
- You must meet all requirements set out in the BCU CAS issuing policy.
Once your deposit payment has been confirmed and all relevant documents received and approved, we will process your CAS.
There are some exceptions to the bank statements:
1. If the money is in your parents' account:
- Provide your birth certificate.
- Provide a letter from your parents stating you have the right to use these funds.
2. If you are a sponsored student:
- You are not required to make a deposit payment.
- However, you are required to send us a scanned copy of the sponsorship letter, which should highlight your sponsorship organisation and their level of funding.
*- Depending on your home country, you may not be required to provide this information. See UK Government guidance for further details.