Getting your CAS
When your offer becomes unconditional, we will email you a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number in a CAS statement. Find out more by watching our video.
Before we can issue you with a CAS we need some additional information. Having all of this information prepared will make your visa application move as smoothly and quickly as possible.
Step 1: Accept your unconditional offer
Step 2: Pay your £1,500 deposit towards your course. See here.
Step 3: Provide us with your financial evidence that you will use to apply for your visa*
Step 4: Once we’ve got everything we’ll provide you with a CAS**
Step 5: Apply for your visa. Find out more here.
*Depending on your home country, you may not be required to provide this information. See UK Government guidance for further information.
**There may be circumstances where we can't provide you with a CAS. Please refer to our CAS issuing policy for details.
How much do you need?
- One year's tuition fee - minus any money paid to the university
- One year's living expenses - £9,135
What do you need to supply? (see note* above)
- Bank statements (no older than one month)
- Bank statements must be signed, stamped and dated by the bank
If it’s your own money
This money needs to have been in your account for 28 days in order for us to issue your CAS (if your funds have not been maintained for 28 days we will wait till your funds have matured).
If the money is in your parents' account
- Provide your birth certificate
- Provide a letter from your parents stating you have the right to use these funds
If you are a sponsored student
- You are not required to make a deposit payment
- Send us a copy of your sponsorship letter to confirm this and how much you are being sponsored for.