Equality, Diversity and Inclusion committee
The purpose of the EDI Committee is to:
- Identify the EDI challenges facing the University, provide advice and make recommendations to advance equality whilst sharing best practice and ensuring the effective communication of EDI matters across BCU to enhance staff and student engagement.
- Drive forward change on agreed priorities in relation to the University’s practice and performance at all stages of the staff and student journey including, but not limited to: access, continuation, attainment, progression, recruitment, employment practice, reward and recognition to ensure fairness and integrity are embedded in all that we do.
- Hold the University to account, ensuring it moves beyond meeting its statutory responsibilities and the requirements of the public sector equality duty, to achieving ambitious goals that transform lives and people’s futures.
- EDI Annual Report 2018/19
- EDI Annual Report 2019/20
- EDI Annual Report 2020/21
- EDI Annual Report 2021/22