Forum for Accessing Community Experience (FACE)
FACE is a network of people with a shared interest in health and social care in higher education. Our network aims to develop a critical partnership of:
people with lived experiences (also known as service users/carers/experts by experience etc)
for the purpose of enhancing and improving practitioner education, patient and carer experience and associated research in health and social care.
- To enhance student learning and practice through the sharing of service user/carer experiences, knowledge and ideas.
- To support, prepare and empower service users and carers to become involved in all areas of student learning.
- To work with staff in the university to embed our work throughout the business of the faculty.
- To showcase and celebrate our achievements.
How we will do this
- We will develop and review guidelines for service user/carer involvement across the Faculty.
- We will identify and meet the training and support needs of service users and carers involved in working with us.
- We will develop new ways of recruiting and involving service users and carers and act as resource for colleagues across the Faculty.
- We will maintain an up-to-date database of service users/carers which includes areas of interest and availability for involvement.
Service Users and Carers can be involved in:
- Curriculum development and revalidation
- Teaching and assessment
- Recruitment and selection
- Induction of staff and students
- Support and advice for academic and faculty staff in involving service users and carers in specific programmes.
Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org