Dr Imran Ali Jokhio
Dr. Imran Ali Jokhio is a senior lecturer in Computer Networks and Security. He has extensive experience in teaching, learning, supervision, leadership and research in the areas of computer networking, software networking, security and privacy of distributed systems/IoT/Sensors etc. Before joining BCU he has been teaching, conducting research and has held various positions at higher education institutions in Pakistan, UK and Australia.
Areas of Expertise
- IoT/Sensors Networks security and privacy
- Network and Application Security
- Federated learning and cyber security
- PhD Computing University of Leeds
- MEng Computer Communications and Networks
- BEng Computer Systems Engineering
- Cyber Security
- WSN/IoT Security
- Imran A Jokhio, Aisha Junejo, Tony Jan “A Multi-dimensional and Multi-Factor Trust Computation Framework for Cloud Services” MDPI electronics - Novel Methods for Dependable IoT Edge Applications. June 2022.
- K. Manzoor, S. H. Jokhio, T. J. S. Khanzada and I. A. Jokhio, "Enhanced TL-LEACH routing protocol for large-scale WSN applications," 2019 Cybersecurity and Cyberforensics Conference (CCC), Melbourne, Australia, 2019, pp. 35-39, doi: 10.1109/CCC.2019.00-12.
- M. M. K. Arisar, N. Lianju, S. Zhongyuan and I. A. Jokhio, "A Comprehensive Investigation of Telecom Business Models and Strategies," 2019 Cybersecurity and Cyberforensics Conference (CCC), Melbourne, Australia, 2019, pp. 129-135, doi: 10.1109/CCC.2019.00007.
- S. Mirani, A. K. Mirjat, L. A. Thebo, S. H. Jokhio, I. A. Jokhio, “Low-cost smarthome for rural areas of Pakistan” , Gyancity Journal of Engineering and Technology Vol. 4, No. 2, September 2019, pp. 1-9
- S. N. Shaikh, N. N. Shaikh, S. H. Jokhio and I. A. Jokhio, "Lightweight and robust data collection in a UWSN using a mobile sink," 2018 IEEE International Conference on Innovative Research and Development (ICIRD), Bangkok, 2018, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/ICIRD.2018.8376324.
- T. H. Bachani, H. Kumar, S. H. Jokhio, I. A. Jokhio , “Light-weight and Low-cost HealthCare - A Cloud based BAN for Remote Health Monitoring”, Gyancity Journal of Engineering and Technology,Vol.4, No.1, pp. 19-30, January 2018. ISSN:2456-0065 DOI:10.21058/gjet.2018.41003
- S. Gul, S. H. Jokhio and I. A. Jokhio, "Light-weight depth-based routing for underwater wireless sensor network," 2018 International Conference on Advancements in Computational Sciences (ICACS), Lahore, 2018, pp. 1-7. doi: 10.1109/ICACS.2018.8333483.
- H. Akbar, S. A. Afghan, S. H. Jokhio, I. A. Jokhio, “Secure multi-level Cluster based wireless sensor network”, Recent Innovations in Mechatronics (RIiM) Vol. 5. 2018. No. SI.DOI: 10.17667/riim.2018.si/20
- S. Bano, S. A. Afghan, S. H. Jokhio , S. Talpur, I. A. Jokhio, “Lightweight multiagent framework for a cluster-based wireless sensor network”, Recent Innovations in Mechatronics, 1-7. doi.org/10.17667/riim.2018.si/19.
- F. Khan, S. Memon, I. A. Jokhio and S. H. Jokhio, "Wireless sensor network based flood/drought forecasting system," 2015 IEEE SENSORS, Busan, 2015, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.1109/ICSENS.2015.7370354.
- S. H. Jokhio, I. A. Jokhio and A. H. Kemp, "Light-weight framework for securitysensitive wireless sensor networks applications," in IET Wireless Sensor Systems, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 298-306, December 2013. doi: 10.1049/ietwss.2012.0127
- S. Zai, S. H. Jokhio, I. A. Jokhio, “Performance Analysis of TCP over UMTS Network”, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Volume 34, No. 4, April 2012, ISSN – 0254-7821.
- S. Bhatti, S. Memon, I. A. Jokhio, M. Memon, “Modelling and symmetry reduction of a target-tracking protocol using wireless sensor networks”,. Communications, IET. 6. 1205-1211. 10.1049/iet-com.2011.0246
- I.A. Jokhio, S. H. Jokhio and J. A. Baloch, “Distributed Design of a Central Service to Ensure Deterministic Behavior”, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Volume 31, No. 4, October 2012, ISSN- 0254-7821
- S. H. Jokhio, I. A. Jokhio and A. H. Kemp, "Node capture attack detection and defence in wireless sensor networks," in IET Wireless Sensor Systems, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 161-169, September 2012. doi: 10.1049/iet-wss.2011.0064
- J. A. Baloch, I. A. Jokhio, and S. H. Jokhio, “Performance Evaluation of Spatial Vector Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks” Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Volume 31, No. 4, April 2012, ISSN – 0254-7821.
- I.A. Jokhio, S. H. Jokhio, and J. A. Baloch, “A Novel Security Method For RFID Tags”, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Volume 31, No. 3, July 2012, ISSN – 0254-7821
- S. Memon, I. A. Jokhio, S. H. Arisar, M. Lech and N Maddage, “Delta-MFCC Features and Information Theoretic Expectation Maximization based Text-independent Speaker Verification System”, IETE Journal of Research, Volume 58, No. 1, p. January-February 2012, ISSN-0377-2063
- A. Jokhio, S. H. Jokhio and F. K. Shaikh, “A Trusted Naming Service for Things of Internet”, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Volume 31, No. 2, April 2012, ISSN – 0254-7821
- I. A. Jokhio, J. Arshad, P. Townend "A Machine Learning based Impact Analysis Scheme for Clouds" Mehran University of Engineering and Technology Research Journal 2012.
- J. Arshad, M. Azad, I. A. Jokhio and P. Townend. “Intrusion damage assessment for multi-stage attacks for clouds.” IET Commun. 7 (2013): 1304-1315.
- I. A. Jokhio, S. H. Arisar and J. Xu, "Data Privacy Management in a MultiOrganizational RFID Authentication," 2010 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM), Chengdu, 2010, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.1109/WICOM.2010.5601121.
- I. A. Jokhio and J. Xu, "An authentication broker service for secure and confidential EPC," 2009 XXII International Symposium on Information, Communication and Automation Technologies, Bosnia, 2009, pp. 1-8, doi: 10.1109/ICAT.2009.5348413.
- I. A. Jokhio, S. H. Jokhio, J. Arshad "A Novel Security Method to protect RFID Cloning Attacks" Accepted in Mehran University of Engineering and Technology Research Journal. ( 2012).
- A. Sangrasi, K. Djemame, I. A. Jokhio "Aggregating Node Level Risk Assessment in Grids using an R-out-of-N model" IMTIC 2012.
- J. Arshad, I. A. Jokhio, Paul Townend "Intrusion Damage Assessment for Multistage Attacks for Clouds" IMTIC 2012.
- I. A. Jokhio, J. Xu. "Self-Adaptive Authentication Service of EPC Network on Clouds." UK e-Science All Hands Meeting, Oxford, UK December 2009.
- I. A. Jokhio, "An Authentication Broker Service for Scalable EPC Network" PhD Student Paper The 38th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN 2008) Anchorage, Alaska, USA.
Technical Reports/White papers and unpublished papers
- “Agent Oriented Architecture: Architectural Mechanisms for Evolution” a Technical Report University of Leeds, UK 2007.
- “Migration and Security in Service Oriented Architectures” A White Paper Torry Harris 2009.
- “RFID Security Requirements to Attacks: A Taxonomy” unpublished paper Technical Report. 2012.
Work With Industry
- Cisco Instructor
- ISC certified professional