UNIVERSITY NEWS LAST UPDATED : 03 JUNE
Grand Union is working in partnership with Birmingham City University to offer four graduates free co-working space for 12 months.
The co-working studio compliments Grand Union’s existing provision of 12 artists’ studios and Modern Clay, a ceramics facility offering open access to artist and community groups in the region. Grand Union also houses an internationally recognised gallery that hosts a regular programme of exhibitions, talks, workshops and performances.
If selected you will benefit from 24-hour access to a free, shared workspace (34 m2) for 11 months and mentoring from Grand Union’s Curatorial team.
Studio holders will be invited to take part in:
- Open studios events on Friday 6 December 2019 and Friday 7 August 2020
- An exhibition at The School of Art, Margaret Street as part of their Night School programme.
The residencies will begin on 1 September 2019.
To be eligible, you must have graduated from one of the following faculties at BCU in the last five years (earliest graduating 2014):
- Birmingham School of Architecture and Design
- Birmingham School of Art
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
- School of English
- School of Fashion and Textiles
- School of Jewellery
- Birmingham School of Media
- New Technology Institute
- School of Visual Communication
TO APPLY please send in ONE PDF document:
- An overview of you and your practice (500 words max or a video lasting no longer than 5 minutes)
- Up to 5 images of recent work or web links (max pixels 1200 on longest dimension)
- A paragraph telling us how you would benefit from the residency (300 words max)
- A current CV
Please send information by 30 June 2019 in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org stating BCU Graduate Residency in the subject header.