Student Development and Assessment
Success+ is central service at Birmingham City University where digital development and assessment activity can be delivered. It offers academic staff the opportunity to drive forward innovation in assessment design and delivery, as well as providing the means for students to undertake formative and developmental activities throughout the academic year.
Success+ currently offers a hybrid model for exams, this means that students have the choice of either taking their exam from home (with remote proctoring) or coming into the Centre.
- Diagnostic testing for academic skills, numeracy, wellbeing and digital competence
- Summative and formative exams with automated marking whenever possible
- Employability activities enabling students to practice psychometric testing and undertake job-related preparations
Among the numerous benefits are:
- Enabling students to choose where they take their exam (at home or on campus)
- Automated marking, saving staff time and improving accuracy and reliability
- Generation of valuable data, and support with interpreting and utilising this
- The possibility for innovative and novel forms of assessment
- Support to academic staff in designing digital assessments for use in Success+
- Technical support during assessments
- Support to students through the Centre for Academic Success
Members of staff are able to find out further information via our ICity pages.
If you are thinking of using the Centre, please contact us.