Bus and Metro
One full bus is the equivalent of taking 50 cars off the road, helping to clean the air we breathe in each day. Public transport can save you money, relieve the stress caused from driving, and walking to the bus stop will help you burn some calories too.
Tickets and Offers
Visit the online student travel portal to purchase tickets for:
- National Express services (mTickets)
- nBus multi operator services
- nNetwork services for bus and train travel.
Depending on the ticket type, you can purchase mobile tickets, add tickets to your current Swift card or purchase a new Swift card.
National Express have recently introduced Flexifare tickets, which provide you with up to 13 day tickets per month. Useful if you are not working on campus every day.
Visit iCity for information about the corporate travel scheme.
Check your options
- Network West Midlands and Swift Cards - Daily, weekly, monthly and annual tickets. Swift Cards are smart integrated passes for use across different transport modes.
- Swift Go - make as many journeys as you like on the bus or tram in a day, 3 days or over and entire week.
- Download the App - mTicket includes ticketing, journey planning and live bus information.
- UK Bus Checker – Live bus information.
- Check out the West Midlands Live Bus Map.
Getting to City Centre Campus catch the:
14, 55, 66, 94 (buses stop on Jennens Road)
Getting to City South Campus catch the:
10, 23, 24, 25
Getting to the School of Jewellery catch the:
101 to Frederick St / Victoria St or the 8a/8c to Warstone Lane
Getting to the School of Art catch the:
9, 10, 12, 13, 23, 24, 82, 87, 89, 101,126
Routes and bus numbers may change. Check your route here.
West Midlands Metro runs between Wolverhampton, Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham City Centre and Edgbaston. During the day, it runs every 6-8 minutes. Find out more about trams.
Check out our events page for travel events or sessions.