Our congested roads expose drivers to constant harmful air pollution and stress. Public transport can save you money, relieve the stress caused from driving, and walking to the station will help you burn some calories too.
Tickets and Options
- 16-25 Railcard: You can get a third off rail fares to travel across Britain. The Railcard costs just £30 and is for anyone aged 16-25 as well as mature students over 25. Get your railcard here.
- 26–30 Railcard: Find out about the 26-30 railcard.
- Staff: Visit iCity for information about the corporate travel scheme.
- Access Free Graduate Train Tickets: Find out about the Ways to Work Scheme, which offers free train tickets to graduates attending interviews or new jobs.
- Network West Midlands and Swift Cards - Daily, weekly, monthly and annually tickets. Swift Cards are smart integrated tickets across different transport modes.
- Download the app - National Rail journey planning and live status updates.
Train Station Cycle and Car Parking
Check the car and cycle parking facilities at your nearest train station on the Network West Midlands website. Some stations offer free car parking, such as Selly Oak and Stourbridge Junction, enabling you to park and ride.
Nearest Train Stations
City Centre Campus nearest station
Birmingham Moor Street (10-15 minute walk)
Birmingham New Street (15-18 minute walk)
Birmingham Snow Hill (15-20 minute walk)
City South Campus nearest station
Five Ways (15 minute walk)
School of Jewellery nearest station
Jewellery Quarter (four minute walk)
Birmingham New Street (18 minute walk)
School of Art nearest station
Birmingham Snow Hill (six minute walk)
Birmingham New Street (15 minute walk)
Other Useful Apps
- NetNav App - Journey planning and departure times for buses, trains and trams.
- Chiltern Railway – Buy tickets and check live arrival and departure times.
- CityMapper – For navigating public transport, including train, tube, bus, bike and walking.
Check out our Events Page for travel events or sessions.