Inter-campus and business travel
Travelling between the City Centre and City South Campuses is a lot easier than you may think. Taking the bus or cycling can actually be quicker than driving, due to congestion, roadworks and finding time to park.
Bus travel is quick and easy. The 23 and 24 travel regularly between the campuses, taking 20 minutes.
- City Centre Stop: Corporation Street, stop BS5 (5-10 minute walk to campus)
- City South Stop: Harbourne or Westbourne Road (one minute walk to campus)
- Our Interactive Map includes the bus stops and route between campuses.
Note - changes to the route may occur so check the website for updated information.
You can cycle between the campuses in 20 minutes, or walk in 50 minutes.
To take to train, you can travel directly between New Street Station (15 minute walk from the City Centre Campus) and Five Ways Station (15 minute walk from City South Campus).
When travelling for business, please consider the Business Travel Hierarchy to determine the most suitable mode of travel. Ensure to seek approval of the budget holder (or the budget-holder's line manager for the purposes of the budget-holders own travel).
- Avoid travel entirely and use skype, video-teleconferencing facilities
- Use public transport
- Use pool vehicles (where available)
- Use hire vehicles if cost efficient
- Use personal vehicles
In the case of travel by air, only utilise this where there is no other viable travel option.