The Placement Support Team manages the practical assessment process and offers advice and support to students and assessors in practice areas.
The team's role includes:
- Monitoring and adaptation of the practical assessment process to ensure it meets the needs of our customers;
- Advising students and assessors about elements of the practical assessment process;
- Liaison with Practice Placement Managers about all practice issues relating to student nurse education;
- Monitoring students' attendance in practice and investigating absence from placement;
- Annual review of portfolios to ensure that standards are maintained;
- Production of newsletters for assessors and students to keep everyone up-to-date with developments relating to pre-registration courses.