Childhood, Youth and Community
We offer a range of courses that explore children and childhood in contemporary society. These courses are designed to prepare you for a number of careers relating to babies, children and young people in a variety of different professional contexts. Each course places the lives of children and their experiences of childhood at its heart, whilst being subtly different in terms of ages studied, placement opportunities and delivery modes.
Our courses in education, childhood and youth
- BA (Hons) Conductive Education
- FdA Early Years
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- BA (Hons) Education Studies
- BA (Hons) Working with Children, Young People and Families
Childhood, Youth and Community courses are ideal for you if:
- You are keen to learn more about children
- You see yourself as an adult that can be an agent of change for children and young people
- You want to work in some capacity with children and young people, but not necessarily teach.
You will develop a range of professional transferable skills, a deep knowledge of how children and young people are perceived by society and how society supports its youngest and most vulnerable members.
Placements and employability opportunities
Placement plays an important part in all programmes and we are able to support your employability skills by providing opportunities to work alongside a range of professionals in Children’s Centres, Family Support Services, Early Years settings, Youth Projects, etc. As well as this these, our programmes will enable you to gain an in-depth understanding of communities and your role within those communities.