City South Campus
Walking to City South Campus from Broadway Plaza
- Exit Broadway Plaza onto the dual carriageway and turn to your right (against the direction of traffic). You will see the Park Regis Hotel building ahead of you on the other side of the roundabout (large purple logo).
- Walk towards the Park Regis Hotel, (past bus stop F) and into the subway ahead of you (by the Hagley Walkway sign).
- Please keep right through the subway area, and take the second exit on the right (Islington Row, Five Ways House, Calthorpe Road). Walk up the stairs and you will be in front of Lloyds Bank.
- Turn right and stay on Calthorpe Road (in the direction of the Costa drive thru).
- Continue past HSBC, Corderoy, Al Rayan Bank and St George’s Lower School.
- You will see St George’s church on your right. Follow the road round to the right onto Westbourne Road.
- Continue down Westbourne Road until you see the Seacole Building on your right and signposts to Birmingham City University City South Campus.
- You have arrived!
Alternatively you can also access the campus via Harborne Road.
- Exit Broadway Plaza and head South-East towards Ladywood Middleway and go under the subway ahead of you.
- When in the Subway turn right towards the Harborne Road, keep going straight and past the Morrisons supermarket car park.
- Continue Walking straight alongside Harborne Road and cross the road to reach the traffic lights, after crossing the traffic lights turn right to continue onto Harborne Road.
- Keep walking straight until you approach a pathway in between two houses, follow this pathway to reach the back entrance to our City South Campus, Seacole Building.
Walking to Broadway Plaza Car Park from City South Campus
- Exit the building by the Seacole entrance (by the main reception).
- Turn to your left and continue on Westbourne Road until you reach St George’s Edgbaston church.
- Cross over at the traffic lights to St George’s Upper School and Sixth Form and turn to your left.
- Continue past St George’s Lower School, Al Rayan Bank and HSBC (in the direction of the large brown building with the sign BROADWAY).
- Once you arrive at Lloyds Bank, turn to your left and continue down the steps into the subway.
- Please keep left and exit the subway at the second exit.
- At the second exit, cross the road then keep right and follow the path ahead.
- You will see sign posting and Broadway Plaza directly ahead.
- Thank you for coming!
Travelling by bus
Buses to Westbourne Road – 23 and 24 – leave from a variety of stops around Birmingham City Centre.
If you arrive at New Street/Grand Central train station your nearest stop is NS1 on Smallbrook Queensway (opposite Boots)
If you arrive at Moor Street train station your nearest stop is BS5 on Corporation Street
If you arrive at Snow Hill train station your nearest stop is SH1 on Colmore Row.
Buses accept correct change or contact less debit cards. More information on buses around the city can be found on the Network West Midlands website.
From 2 September 2018 construction works to paradise circus will affect the bus routes. Find out more information here.
Buses 23 and 24 from our campus back to the city centre leave from Harborne Road and can be reached via a footpath on our campus.
Birmingham New Street station to Five Ways station, then a short walk from Five Ways station to City South campus.
Postcode for Sat Nav: B15 3TN
From M6 South or North-West
Leave the M6 at Junction 6 and follow the A38(M). Follow signs to City Centre, Bromsgrove (A38). Do not take any exit left. Go over the flyover and through only one Queensway tunnel. On leaving the tunnel, indicate left, keep in the nearside lane and drive up the parallel running slip road (GL Charles Street) to the Paradise Circus roundabout. Take the 2nd exit (A456 to Kidderminster), drive along Broad Street to the Five Ways roundabout, go through the underpass and take the 1st left (Highfield Road). At the end of this road, turn right and then immediate right again into Westbourne Road. The campus is 300 metres on the right.
From M5 South-West
Leave the M5 at Junction 3 and travel towards Birmingham City Centre along the A456 (Hagley Road) for 4 miles. Turn right down Norfolk Road (B4129), 1st left down Augustus Road, straight over into Harborne Road and then 2nd right into Highfield Road. At the end of this road, go right and then immediate right again into Westbourne Road. The campus is 300 metres on the right.
Visitor parking for City South Campus
The nearest car park for visitors is at Broadway Plaza, walking directions to and from Broadway Plaza are given below in case you need them.
If parking at Broadway Plaza, please remember to validate your parking ticket outside City South Campus Students' Union Shop, and you will only have to pay the reduced fee of £3.50.
Access to Bevan and Ravensbury House
Bevan House and Ravensbury House are directly opposite the Seacole Building on our City South Campus. To access these buildings from nearby parking you will need to follow the walking directions below to get to our campus, then head down the steps at the Seacole main entrance and cross the traffic lights to get to Bevan House and Ravensbury House.