Ask - Ask us anything
We mean it. Representing the Students' Union, Academic Services, Finance and Student Affairs, chances are we've got the answer to your question. And if we don't, we'll find out for you. So, go ahead — just ASK!
What is ASK?
ASK is a new, integrated and confidential student enquiry service for nearly all the queries you may have during your student journey ... and beyond! We provide you with a fast accurate answer so you can focus on the most important thing — your studies.
Which areas are covered by ASK?
ASK currently represents the Students' Union, Academic Services, Finance and Student Affairs, but we can take questions about other areas too, such as accommodation or IT. However, you should raise questions about your course with your Course Director, School or Faculty Office, as appropriate.
Why should I use ASK, then? Three reasons:
- It's quick and easy. Ask your question online, in person or on the phone and the answer will arrive in your University email Inbox in a maximum of three working days, and usually much quicker than that.
- It's accurate. We work directly with colleagues around the University to answer both general questions and questions about your individual circumstances.
- It's confidential. Whether you need to discuss your personal finances or you want support in accessing medical or counselling services — or something else — your record will remain private and secure. We only discuss your details with colleagues who are directly involved in helping you.
How can I access the service?
There are three ways you can use the ASK service:
Online: Visit iask.bcu.ac.uk and login using your student ID and password.
On the phone: Call +44 (0121) 331 7777 externally or 7777 internally.
On campus: Visit one of our enquiry desks:
- City Centre Campus — Curzon Building, First Floor, Term time: 8.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- City South Campus — Seacole Building, Second Floor, Term Time: 8:30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday