Cricket (Men's and Women's)
BCU Cricket welcomes players from all abilities and trains each week throughout the winter at our City South Campus Sports Hall, before heading outside in the spring to train at our partner club Aston Manor CC. This allows our members to train each week throughout the year, which is a huge bonus for any cricketers.
Our Men’s squad will undertake a number of indoor games before competing in the BUCS outdoor season in the spring, ensuring that all players gain vital playing time throughout the entire academic year. The club doesn’t host a specific female team as of yet but does welcome female players to attend training who can then also be selected within the male squads during the season.
The cricket team also consists of a recreational pathway for individuals who do not wish to compete in BUCS. This enables students to form strong friendships whilst studying at BCU, making it a great student experience. With Edgbaston Cricket Ground on our doorstep, it’s an amazing place to watch all formats of county and international cricket whilst studying with us at BCU.
Committee Members 2023/24
- President: Thomas Lawson | Email - Thomas.lawson@mail.BCU.ac.uk
- Vice President: Cameron Ambrose | Email - email@example.com
- Marketing and Communications Officer: Joseph Lewin | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participation and Inclusion officer: Sam Walker | Email - email@example.com
- Head Coach: Tom Clarke
- BCU Sport Lead: Adam Crowle | Email - Adam.Crowle@bcu.ac.uk
Training and Match Venues
- (Indoor) Sunday Afternoons at Edgbaston Cricket Centre
- (Outdoor) Wednesday Afternoons at Aston Manor Cricket Club
- Wednesday 5pm-7pm at Forward Drive
- Instagram: bcu_cricket
Want to get involved?
Please complete the student Expression of Interest (EOI) form on BCU Sport.