Financial support for undergraduates

Students socialising in restaurant.

These pages are designed to help you understand the financial side for undergraduate study by explaining what you will have to pay and what support is available both from the government and from Birmingham City University.

If you are studying or interested in a Health course, the information on this page may not be relevant, and you may wish to visit our funding information for NHS students.

How we spend our money

As a University, most of our income comes directly from our students and their tuition fees. That’s why we like to tell you how our money comes in and more importantly, where we spent it.

Our accounts explained

The information provided on this page is applicable to students resident in England. The student support will vary for students from other parts of the UK. If you are resident in either, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland please refer to the information sources below:

Additionally students from another EU country may be entitled to a tuition fee loan to cover fees, however generally speaking support for living costs would not be available. If you are a student from the EU for more information regarding what support is available please visit the Direct Gov website.

Funding for full-time students

Funding for part-time students