If you need to self-isolate because you have Covid-19 symptoms, have tested positive for Covid-19 or you’ve been in close contact with someone who has, our Student Support services can help to keep you on track academically and provide mental health, wellbeing and financial support.
BCU operates a Covid-19 track and trace service for all staff and students using the Notify system. Positive cases, symptoms and any self-isolation can all be reported via this system.
Where positive cases are reported, our contact tracers will work to identify any close contacts who may need to also self-isolate. This service runs every day – from 9am to 8pm on weekdays and 9am to 5pm at weekends, although reports can be logged on the app at any point.
If you are asked to self-isolate, we can help you in a number of ways including…
- Guidance documents - Dedicated guidance documents to help you understand the NHS, navigate health services, access BCU services and stay well during your isolation period.
- Wellbeing services - Access to mental health, wellbeing or disability services following assessment of need.
- Supermarket vouchers - Free, non-means tested supermarket vouchers to purchase food and essential supplies from online shops.
- Financial advice - Access to financial advice from specialist advisors including access to additional means-tested financial support.
- Academic support - Support from academic teams with online digital materials and pastoral support from personal tutors who may advise you on resetting coursework hand-in dates.
- Students’ Union advice - Access to Students’ Union free and impartial advice, including academic advice and support with accommodation issues.
- Online social activities - Access to Students’ Union social activities online to keep you entertained and connected during your self-isolation.
In return we expect you to do everything you can to help support your University community during this difficult time including:
- Staying at home - You must remain off-campus if you show any signs or symptoms of Covid-19, have had a positive test, or you have been asked to self-isolate.
- Using Notify - Use the Notify system to let BCU know when you are ill, have a positive Covid-19 test result or have been asked to isolate to enable contact tracers to alert your close contacts and keep our community as safe as possible.