Applied Mindfulness in Health and Eating Lab
The Applied Mindfulness in Health and Eating Lab is interested in a range of concepts and ideas, with a central aim of improving health through practical and inclusive applications.
The lab's findings have been widely published in numerous peer-reviewed academic journals. The core aim of the lab is to continue our collaborative and caring relationship with the public and their clinical associates.
The Applied Mindfulness In Health and Eating Lab specialises in the following areas:
- Mindfulness-based Practices and Interventions for Health and Eating
- Compassion and self compassion - Research with the general population and healthcare professionals in Health and Eating.
- Chronic and clinical conditions – Research in Cystic Fibrosis and other chronic conditions
- Self care and self kindness for body and mind – Exploring health theories and ways of developing health behaviour change
- Education research – Research looking into the wellbeing of both teachers and students, and explorations of how to facilitate academic performance.
We are continually looking for talented people to join our lab. Doctoral posts are open throughout the year. If you are interested in any of the fields that we specialise in including mindfulness, mindful eating, eating behaviour or eating disorders, health and wellbeing of healthcare professionals and Cystic Fibrosis, do get in touch with members of staff in the lab, or contact the BLSS Doctoral Research College.