Academic Regulations and Policies for Research Degrees
The Academic Regulations and other policies and procedures below apply to doctoral researchers and supervisors. Please note that there may be additional policies which are specific to a Faculty or School.
- Research degrees regulations (Section G)
- Guidance notes for research degrees examinations
- Guidance on conducting Viva Voce examinations remotely and online
- Policy for the Support and Development of Academic Staff Supervising Research Degrees
- Policy on extenuating circumstances - COVID-19 update (in development)
Further information about our PhD Courses
Policies and procedures that apply to all students of the university are detailed in The Student Contract.
Finance policies, including fee payment policies, are listed here.
For general enquiries about research degrees, please use the contact details below:
Phone: 0121 331 6858