Academy of Multi-Unit Leadership
The Academy of Multi-Unit Leadership at Birmingham City Business School is the UK's leading research and instruction centre focussing on local leadership in the multi-site business.
Over 800 managers from multi-site service businesses (such as Premier Inn, Booker, Grosvenor Casinos, Pizza Express, Marston’s) have given their careers a boost by taking qualifications at the Academy, which is led by Professor Chris Edger, who has written seven books on or around the subject of multi-site brand leadership.
Working with a wide range of brands in a number of sectors, the team behind the Academy deliver the ground breaking research and instruction required by practising managers (support and line) to help drive performance across multiple sites.
We provide solutions for both individual practising multi-unit leaders and for organisational operational improvement.
New book by Professor Chris Edger launched!
Solutions for Multi-Site Organisations
Discover how we can help your business with qualifications such as:
- Bespoke Masters programmes
Part 1: Postgraduate Diploma in Multi-Unit Leadership and Strategy (PG Diploma)
Part 2: Masters in Multi-Unit Leadership and Strategy (MSc)
- Bespoke Postgraduate Certificate programmes
- Assessment Centres
Helping your organisation uncover hidden multi-unit talent
- Short Courses Taking a multi-unit module as a non-assessed and non-accredited short course
- International Partnerships Delivering multi-unit programmes and short courses with international partners.
Solutions for Individual Multi-Unit Leaders
Discover how to take the next step in your career or go straight to information about our:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Multi-Unit Leadership and Strategy Open Programme.
Aimed at Multi-Unit Managers, Central Support Managers and Managers of large scale units.
- Masters in Multi-Unit Leadership and Strategy (MSc)
Aimed at Multi-Unit Managers and Senior Central Support Personnel