Curzon Building Facilities
The Curzon Building is the home of the Business, Law and Social Sciences faculty. The Birmingham City Business School is located on the second floor, with the School of Law and School of Social Sciences occupying the third floor.
The building was opened in 2015, as the latest addition to the City Centre Campus, right in the middle of the ambitious Eastside redevelopment scheme. It was later extended with the Curzon B building opening in January 2018.
Here are just a few of the facilities you'll find in our amazing building!
- Accommodation - Our Accommodation team can help with contracts, landlord disputes, house hunting, and finding flat mates, should you chose to move to Birmingham.
- Careers+ - Our experienced career advisers are located on the ground floor of Curzon. They can help you with with securing placements, both short term and long term.
- Graduate+ - Graduate+ is an awards programme which records a range of activities and events in addition to your degree. These will be recorded within your own individual award on the Graduate+ website as you work towards you Bronze, Silver and Gold level.
- IT Help - Quick and easy help for any computer or internet issues you may be having on campus.
- Manpower - In house recruitment agency who offer various paid roles to students and are extremely flexible during your studies.
- Roof Terrace - Our newly opened roof terrace is a fantastic place to take a breather and enjoy the views of Birmingham. Located on Curzon B floors one and two, why not take a break from your studies and get a little sun?
- Student Union - BCUSU will be behind some of the biggest events at the University, such as the Big Welcome and Graduation Ball. They also offer over 100 sports teams, societies and media groups for you to get involved in. Whatever your interests, they’ve got it covered!
- The Point - The Point is an integrated and confidential student enquiry service for nearly all the queries you may have during your student journey ... and beyond!
Food and Drink
Curzon is stacked with great options for food and drinks, whether you have a big appetite or just need a quick caffeine hit.
- Curzon Cafeteria - Our main dining facility, the Curzon Cafeteria was a wide variety of breakfast and dinner choices, including vegetarian and vegan options. It is surrounded by a large seating area if you need a bit of a break from your studies.
- The Deli - Need something a bit quicker? The Deli café is situated next to the Curzon Cafeteria, and has a great line up of takeaway sandwiches and salads if you looking to eat on the go.
- Starbucks - We have two Starbucks coffee pods in Curzon, with one situated on the third floor, and another on the first floor of Curzon B. So you're never too far away from a latte!
- Campus Shop - If it's just a chocolate bar or bag of sweets you're after, the Campus Shop is located right next to the front doors. It is loaded with a massive selection of crisps, drinks and fruit to suit any taste.
Eagle and Ball
Need to let off steam? Well luckily, you can get to our on-site pub without ever leaving the building!
The Eagle and Ball pub is ran by our Student Union, and can be accessed from both the ground floor and first floor near the Curzon Cafeteria. It has had quite a history well before Birmingham City University rejuvenated it.
- It is a Grade 2 listed building and a restored Victorian pub originally built between 1840-1850
- It was known as the Moby Dick when it closed it 2007
- It was renovated and re-opened in September 2015 to coincide with the opening of the Curzon building itself
- Is open to the public as well as students, and offers a variety of food and a selection of craft ales
City Centre Library
The biggest library at the University, the City Centre Library not only houses textbooks and media items for Business, Law and Social Sciences subjects, but also everything from Art and Media to Engineering and Architecture.
Collectively, our libraries provide access to around 62 million resources including books, online journals and e-book chapters. But that's not all!
- The library is open 24/7 during term time for all students
- Computers are free to use and have all the programmes you need for your course
- Our quick scan in / scan out system allows you to easily take out the books you need
- Private study rooms are available to hire
- The library has its own cafe too - The Coffee Society, situated on the ground floor
Birmingham City University
Curzon Building is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of all the facilities you can find at Birmingham City University!
Spread across two campuses, with smaller specialist schools scattered across the city, take a look at what else we offer to our students.