Centre for Academic Success - staff information
How we can help your students
Coronavirus alternative support for students
The Centre for Academic Success offers several ways for students to obtain support when off-campus:
- Study guides – our study guides are available from our student resource Moodle page.
- Workshop presentations and resources – slides and activities from our programme of open-access workshops, available from our Moodle page student resource moodle page.
- Success 2019 course – a Moodle based course introducing academic writing, referencing, study skills and maths, aimed at Level 3 and 4 students, but available to all. Enrol on the course.
- Email tutorials – for feedback and advice on assignments, English, maths, study skills etc - book using our usual system.
- Chat – available on our student resource Moodle page for students to ask quick questions.
To offer support for groups and individual students in academic literacy, English for academic purposes and underpinning technical subjects. This can be accessed by students of all abilities who may select the mode of support most suitable for them.
How do we do this?
Our study guides are often a good starting point for students; they are available here.
We also offer individual tutorials and group workshops throughout the academic year in subjects related to academic writing, English language, mathematics, computing and study skills. These are available for booking by students from across the University.
Tutorials are booked through:
Workshops are advertised and booked through the iCity events feed. You can see our full workshop timetables here.