Careers and Job Prospects
What we provide
The Careers and Job Prospects service aims to help develop and improve the employability of our students and graduates. We provide specialist one-to-one advice, careers management sessions and employment activities covering:
- Reviewing CVs, covering letters and application forms
- Career planning and decision making
- Options with a subject/degree
- Preparing for interviews and assessment centres
- Developing portfolios
- Networking with employers
- Advice about self-employment and entrepreneurship
- Postgraduate Study
Current students can find us on iCity
Student Affairs info is available on our student portal, iCity (A university login is required).
We also provide:
- Access to full time work, part time jobs, work experience, and internships via our online jobs board.
- A 24/7 online Ask Us service for careers and job queries.
- Regular recruitment and employment events including employer led presentations, workshops, and fairs.
- Access to business mentors to develop your understanding of the world of work.
- Information on graduate destinations. Illustrating what our graduates are doing now.
- Free, unlimited access to Glassdoor for Birmingham City University students. Get company reviews, interview questions, salary information and vacancies from all over the world.
Businesses – employ our graduates
I create contemporary art and my work is about joy, light, texture and colour and use traditional…
Whilst at Birmingham City University I learnt a vast array of skills that have allowed me to…
Birmingham City University also equipped me with knowledge and understanding of Marketing,…
I feel my studies were invaluable to gaining the position that I am in now, and I feel it gives me…
I decided to apply after attending the open day and viewing the facilities that were available to…
Wondering what career prospects you’ll have after a postgraduate degree?
Alex Carroll, one of our expert Careers Consultants, shares his tips on finding your dream job or considering options for further study.
"Being a postgraduate should bring a higher level of maturity which can be a key selling point when applying to a position"