Looking to join BCU in Year 2 or Year 3 from another institution during Clearing or another time of year? We'd love to have you, so we've detailed the simple process below on how to apply.
Our admissions team provide advanced entry for all levels of study (foundation & years 1-4) and can be contacted for further information.
Typical transfer criteria:
- You meet our academic requirements for the course at entry.
- If appropriate we will review any prior study or experience. You may need to provide a transcript of your progress from your current Higher Education Provider. For some courses, you will need to provide course and module documentation from your former institution, rather than transcripts. Please note – if you would like your prior learning to be taken into account this must be done as part of the admissions stage so that you are clear what your offer means and the associated fees before you decide to move.
- There is space on the course.
If we cannot offer you a place in your chosen year of study, we may still be able to offer you a place in an earlier year of the course, or for the next academic year with full or partial credit recognition and pro-rata reduction in fees for any recognised credit accepted on entry.
Please note - applications to transfer will need to be made through UCAS. If applying from the 1 July applications should be made via email. Please complete the BCU application form and include the course and year of entry you wish to apply for.
BCU is a member of the Midlands Enterprise Universities, as such if you are enquiring with regards to transferring to BCU from:
- Coventry University
- University of Derby
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of Wolverhampton
- University of Lincoln
Please note that if you wish to apply for entry onto the first year of one of our undergraduate courses, you will need to apply through UCAS and not through Midlands Credit Compass.
Midlands Credit Compass
If you are considering leaving your studies, or wish to transfer to another university, we can help you consider your options.Find out more
Transfers in and out
We are committed to supporting students to transfer between higher education providers where necessary or desirable.Find out more