Care Coordination Course
£850 per person
Birmingham City University, in partnership with Undivided Training have developed care coordination training that offers a practical, step-by-step approach for the implementation of safe and effective care coordination.
The training will give staff the confidence, skills and knowledge required to deliver a fully personalised and integrated service to patients within a primary care setting.
The training follows the Coordinating Care competency framework, produced by the Health Education England and Birmingham City University in 2019.
This training at its core will enable staff the confidence to offer a proactive, personalised, coordinated and more integrated care service to patients.
What would be covered across the two-day training?
The two one day sessions cover the key elements of care coordination. The training covers four important areas of care coordination and is based on the HEE Care Coordination Competency framework (each session would be a half day).
Session 1 - What is Care Coordination?
- What is care coordination and the benefits to the patient?
- Why do I need to do this training?
- Where do care coordinators fit locally?
- Care coordinators success stories
- Key skill required to be a good coordinator
Session 2 - Effective communication and relationships
This session will deal with two key issues:
- What does good effective communication look like? (active listening, ability to quickly establish rapport with patients, adapting style, ect)
- Dealing with challenging patients
- Sustaining and creating professional relationships
Session 3 - Aligning resources with patient needs, establishing accountability and creating proactive care plans
- Understanding the importance and purpose of health promotion.
- Provide coordinators with the knowledge about the range of services available.
- Help develop confidence in understanding suitability for different patient requests and practice in the process of matching a patients need to a service.
Session 4 - Implementing Care Coordination in practice
This session is focused on how practical information and tips about how care coordination will be implemented within organisations after this training.
- What to expect and examples of best practice
- How this will be communicated to patients
- Information regarding further support and learning from each other
Why choose us?
- The 12-hour training is delivered by expert trainers online via TEAMS
- Access ongoing support and learning via bespoke "Moodle" and “Mahara” online learning platform.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality and flexible bespoke training.
- The training team are passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience.
- Certificate of completion from Birmingham City University.
Online Learning Hub and a Mahara: Reflective Portfolio
A key part of the training will be an online forum for staff to discuss the role and reflect on their own best practice.