Care Coordination Course
Birmingham City University, in partnership with Undivided Training Ltd have developed care coordination training that offers a practical, step-by-step approach for the implementation of safe and effective care coordination.
The training will give care coordinators the confidence, skills and knowledge required to deliver a fully personalised and integrated service to patients within a primary care setting.
The training follows the Coordinating Care competency framework, produced by the Health Education England and Birmingham City University.
What is covered in the training?
The training sessions cover the key elements of care coordination. It explores four important areas of care coordination and is based on the HEE Care Coordination Competency framework (half a day is given to each area).
Session one - What is Care Coordination? Context and importance.
- What is care coordination and what are the benefits to the patient?
- Why do I need to do this training?
- Where do care coordinators fit locally?
- Care coordinators success stories
- Key skill required to be a good coordinator
Session two - Effective communication and relationship management.
- What does effective communication look like? (Active listening, ability to quickly establish rapport with patients, adapting style, etc)
- Dealing with challenging patients
- Sustaining and creating professional relationships
Session three - Aligning resources with patient needs, establishing accountability and creating proactive care plans.
- Understanding the importance and purpose of health promotion.
- Providing coordinators with knowledge about the range of services available.
- Developing confidence in understanding suitability for different patient requests and practice in the process of matching a patients need to a service.
Session four - Implementing Care Coordination and developing continuous learning skills.
This session is focused on practical information and tips on how to implement care coordination within organisations following this training.
- What to expect and examples of best practice
- How this will be communicated to patients
- Information regarding further support and learning from each other
Why choose us?
- The 12-hour training is delivered by national expert trainers online via Microsoft Teams.
- 121 catch up with an expert trainer, three months after the training.
- Access to ongoing support and learning via our Care Coordination Community (CCC).
- Certificate of completion from Birmingham City University.
- Monthly cohorts throughout 2021 and 2022.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality and flexible bespoke training.
- The training team are passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience.
- Our feedback rating is currently 4.6 out of 5 and overall, we have achieved excellent feedback.
Find out more and book your place by completing our booking form.
Please contact Tom for more information: