The Family, Gender and Health Cluster is forall staff, students and practitioners who have an emerging interest in, or are fully engaged with, any aspect of family health and/or gender and health research.
The aim of this cluster isto create a supportive, inclusive community of colleagues who share interests and expertise in order to develop a strong and dynamic Family, Gender and Health specialist strand at Birmingham City University. Through this network we hope to foster high-quality, impactful and innovative research on gender and health research.
The Family, Gender and Health cluster is proud the be affiliated with the Feminist Studies Association.
- Health and on family (broadly defined) health
- Children’s and young people’s health
- Maternal/paternal and reproductive health
- Gender and women’s health
- Informal caregiving
- Gender based inequality within healthcare settings
- The role of family and/or gender in health promotion and illness prevention
- (Intersectional) feminist approaches to health