The Gender, Family and Health Cluster is for all staff, students and practitioners who have an emerging interest in, or are fully engaged with, any aspect of family health and/or gender and health research.
The aim of this cluster is to create a supportive, inclusive community of colleagues who share interests and expertise in order to develop a strong and dynamic Family, Gender and Health specialist strand at Birmingham City University. Through this network we hope to foster high-quality, impactful and innovative research on gender and health research.
The cluster also ‘hosts’ two special interest groups:
International Endometriosis Social Research Network
Gender Inclusion in Research Special Interest Group
The Gender Inclusion in Research Special Interest Group is a cross-discipline, cross-BCU research group, which aims to create a more inclusive, intersectional and accessible research environment for all. (Email: email@example.com.)
Research areas (not exclusive to)
- Gender and health inequalities; (intersectional) feminist approaches to health
- Menstrual, reproductive, and/or sexual health
- Pregnancy and childbirth; maternity services
- Children’s and young people’s (menstrual, sexual, and reproductive) health
- Informal caregiving
- Chronic Health Conditions (endometriosis, epilepsy, etc.)
- The role of family and/or gender in health promotion and illness prevention