Dr Julia Everitt
- 0121 333 6586
Dr. Julia Everitt is a Research Fellow in the Centre for the Study of Practice and Culture in Education (CSPACE). She is the Health, Education and Life Sciences (HELS) Lead for the Postgraduate Certificate in Research Practice and the co-lead for the Communities of Practice for Doctoral Supervision which is a professional development programme for staff.
She is a researcher, a member of the postgraduate teaching team and involved in researcher and staff development. Julia is a member of the Practitioner Education (PERG) Research Cluster, and the Space, Time and Everyday Life Cluster (STERG). Julia also performs external roles for the British Sociological Association (BSA) and the British Education Studies Association (BESA).
Julia’s current research interests are focused on higher education and include doctoral supervision, doctoral education, access to higher education and education partnerships. Since 2014, Julia has been involved in many research projects across higher education, colleges and schools in terms of tackling inequalities, social justice, widening participation and exploring student experiences.
Julia has worked in education for 20 years in roles within Further Education, Schools, Higher Education (HE) and her own social enterprise. During this time she qualified as an FE Lecturer, was a Community Learning Manager working with colleges, schools and the community, through the local authority. Julia moved into higher education research in 2014.
As a researcher Julia has been involved in a range of projects – past projects are outlined here and current projects are outlined elsewhere on her profile:
Access and Experience of Higher Education
- EnPOWER - Enabling the progression of women researchers
- Aimhigher Plus: the impact of regional partnership and collaboration
- How doctoral supervisors and students clarify expectations during doctoral studies
- Impact of Professional Doctorate
- Post-Graduate Futures (Higher Fees)
- DANCOP Social Networks of Widening Participation Students
- Staffordshire University - Widening Participation Outreach Activities
- DfE - Study Support
- Staffordshire University - BME Experience and
- HeFCE - BAME Attainment Gap Evaluation
- Video Podcast as a pedagogical tool
- Educational Partnerships and Post-16 Pathways
- DfE Technical Education [T Levels] Work Placement Pilot
- Gatsby - Benchmarks Evaluation
- CEC Personal Guidance ‘What Works’
- Edge Foundation - Future Learning Evaluation
- ETF - Professional Exchange Network Evaluation
- PiCL - Art-based Literacy Evaluation
- Thesis - External Agencies involved in Learning and Wellbeing
- SCiP - Primary Career Framework
- CEC - Career Guidance Primary School Consultancy