International Continuing Professional Development courses
- Administrators Programme
- Heads of Department programme
- English Teachers Summer School programme
- Additional activities and visits
Who is it for?
This programme is designed for Heads of Department and those aspiring to leadership roles in schools, colleges and universities. Ideally participants should have a good level of spoken and written English language competency qualified to degree level.
One week minimum contact delivered in home countries or in the UK plus pre-course tasks and four-weeks of post-course e-learning support.
The aim of the course
The main focus of this programme is to develop skills, knowledge and understanding in relation to the role of a Head of Department in schools and colleges. The focus is on developing professional skills related to change management, coaching and mentoring, learner development and inclusion, critical reflection and the development of professional enquiry skills.
At the end of the taught programme and four-week e-learning sessions, participants will be eligible to submit and assignment for the 30 credit education Master’s module EDU7145: 'Reflecting on professional practice' at an additional cost if they are interested in pursuing Master’s level study as part of their professional development.
- The curriculum as the entire planned learning experience, including formal and informal areas of learning.
- Curriculum design including: entitlement; principles, values and attitudes; knowledge, understanding, skills; links between subjects and cross-curricular dimensions; learning in wider contexts beyond the classroom.
- Planning progression for all learners, including learners with SEN and disability and higher attainers; learners’ common misconceptions in the subject(s) and how to address them.
- Understand aspects of learner development and inclusion, based on personal, professional and organisational needs.
- This is a bespoke programme which may be modified subject to negotiation if required.
- The course will be delivered in the English language.
- One weeks’ face to face delivery will take place at one location for all participants at suitable teaching premises as provided by the client, free of charge to the provider.
- The price quoted is for a minimum cohort of 20 participants, should this not be achieved than the fee for a cohort of 20 will still be payable to the provider.
- Delivery will equate to approximately five hours of face-to-face each day for the week long programme, incorporating 30 minutes of self-reflection.
- There will be one lead tutor for delivery of the programme, with support tutors as necessary.
- Participants will engage with five to ten hours of online-led learning for each of the subsequent four weeks during the distance learning elements of the programme.
- Tutors will provide an individual tutorial for each participant during the four week period.
- Participants will have the option to undertake additional work for a fee to be agreed, for academic accreditation.
- The provider will cover the cost of staff travel, accommodation and subsistence for the duration of the their stay in the home country.
- The provider will provide all course materials, to be delivered to the training venue in advance of the programme commencement.
Contact for further information
If you are interested in finding out more about our international continuing professional development courses, please contact:
Phil Taylor, CPD Programme Director
Telephone: +44 (0)121 331 7351