Every student at the school is allocated a personal tutor during the first few weeks at university. Your personal tutor will be a member of the teaching team who can be approached for personal and professional advice during your time at Birmingham City University.
The aims of the personal tutor system are to:
- Provide individual support and guidance.
- Enrich your learning experiences both in University and practice.
The role of the personal tutor is different from that of academic tutor. Academic Tutors are involved with supporting students on individual modules of study. Your Personal Tutor will:
- Meet with you within 4 weeks of you commencing your programme of study, or prior to your first practice placement where relevant
- Meet with you following the completion of every practice placement document where appropriate
- Discuss matters relating to academic and practice development, and provide advice on a one to one basis.
- Offer personal support and guidance on a one-to-one basis to discuss personal matters, if required
- Ensure you are keeping yourself up to date and maintaining a portfolio of practice where relevant
You will be allocated a Personal Tutor once you have enrolled with us.