Student Live Projects
The Business Advice Centre (BAC) serves as a hub bringing together academics, students and industry experts across a variety of commercial support and services designed to help the growth of your business. We will work with you to help develop your business strategy and associate ourselves in successfully delivering it.
Student Live Projects launched November 2020 and since celebrating our 1st Birthday, we have made some great strides supporting 39 businesses with our undergraduate students and 11 businesses with our postgraduate students. Projects can range between 8 – 12 weeks and can involve a group of students exploring one challenge to provide insights or one student investigating a range of challenges. Areas include marketing, management, accounting, finance, economics and much more with areas involving growth in a business.
Your business can receive support around:
- Marketing strategies across channels
- Sales improvement and re-marketing positioning
- Supporting strategies and research on industry trends for foreign market positioning
- Impact of Covid-19 in the workplace
- General management and support in talent acquisition
- Consulting experience and product development across B2B and B2C platforms
- Statistical insights within finance
The Business Advice Centre (BAC) are always looking for supplementary companies to assist us in providing projects for our students. Benefits include:
- In depth analysis of commercial insights to support your business goals
- Free, no cost support around high quality research, data analysis and outcomes to resolve challenges carried out by students and supported by sector-experienced academics.
- Practice base approaches to facilitate strategic aims and encourage increased revenue and growth.
“It was an absolute pleasure to work with the students at BCU. They helped my business with two pivotal projects on leadership and marketing. The students were terrific, hardworking and conscientious. They provided some excellent advice and recommendations and also really brightened up my day whenever I talked to them.”
JL Education Consultants Ltd
“The BAC project is the first time the Company has engaged in this kind of collaborative venture outside Zimbabwe. The Directors of the company felt that the project with Birmingham City University Business School represented an excellent opportunity not only to support student learning but also to develop a relationship with an institution with international reach."
"We feel that all key objectives have been achieved and we would like to pass on our compliments and thanks to the students for the hard work and diligence which they have applied to the preparation of their excellent reports.”
Managing Director Copperwares Pvt Ltd. Zimbabwe
For more information contact us at: Bac@bcu.ac.uk