BLSS Dean's Award nomination form 2021
The Dean’s Awards are a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our students and staff in the Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences.
Nominations for the 2021 awards are now closed. We will update this page when winners for the following categories are announced.
Exceptional Student Contribution
- Excellent attendance and participation in taught sessions
- Involvement in activities that support the School/other students
- Involvement in promoting the School positively internally and externally
Academic of the Year
- Excellent teaching/support for student
- Making a positive impact on progression/retention etc
Team Performance of the Year
- Involvement in activities outside an assessed piece of work
- Demonstration of effective team work that is mutually supportive
Professional Services Staff Member of the Year
- Demonstration of support for staff and students
- Making a positive impact on the work of the Faculty
Student Mentor of the Year
- Demonstration of high level of support for students
- Making a positive impact on the student learning experience
Researcher of the Year
- Outstanding contribution to the vitality and sustainability of the research community across Faculty and University
- Significant success in winning grants, awards or publications related to original rigorous research
- And/or has achieved demonstrable real world impact of reach and significance with external partners, communities or other organisations
PhD Student of the Year
- Outstanding contribution to the vitality and sustainability of the Doctoral College and the research community
- Significant success with producing outstanding rigorous research of significance
- And/or has achieved demonstrable real world impact of reach and significance related to their doctoral studies with external partners, communities or other organisations
International Student of the Year
- Outstanding contribution to the BLSS community
- Excellent role model for other students
- Organisation of and participation in schemes that enhance the lives of those in the Faculty/Ambassadorial work
Academic Awards Scheme Student of the Year
- Excellent engagement and participation in throughout the student learning experience.
- Completed the AAS award by completing 3 or more AAS activities.
- Demonstration of supporting BCU and/or the wider community.
The Emerging Star
- Demonstrated tremendous growth in developing skills to better themselves by consistent determination, initiative, and independence throughout the year, that has led to their improved success both academically and socially
Representing the Student Voice
- Demonstration of gathering views from students and presenting them to staff
- Demonstration of how collaboration between staff and students can bring about effective change and improvements
Contribution to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to enhance opportunities for the protected characteristics regarding equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Has worked towards raising awareness on the key protected characteristics to create a sense of community and belonging at BCU and/or the wider community.
Contribution to Public Life and Community
- Demonstration of commitment to the Faculty, University or community; pro bono work, volunteering or fundraising/charity work in or outside university
Exceptional Response to Covid19
- Demonstrated proactive commitment and dedication to supporting others during the Covid19 pandemic.
- Excellent adaptability and resilience during these challenging times.
- Recognising individuals who have completed extraordinary acts during extraordinary times.
- Contribution to enhancing the mental health and wellbeing of others.
Exceptional Contribution to Employability
- Demonstration of curricular change to embed applied employability skills and qualities
- Development of placements, work experience and other opportunities that enable students to prepare for graduate level employment
- Demonstration of work with employers to enhance employability opportunities for our students
Deans Award for Exceptional Team of the Year
- Outstanding team performance
- Highly effective teamwork that makes a significant and positive impact on the reputation of the Faculty and/or the lives of staff and students within it.
Deans Award for Exceptional Student of the Year
- Outstanding contribution to the Faculty
- Excellent role model for other students
- Participation in schemes that enhance the lives of those in the Faculty/University/wider community
Ooops, something has gone wrong.
An undefined error has occured, please press the back button and try again.
If the error persists and you are unable to submit this form, please contact the BCU Web Team.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
*Please enter N/A for course and year if you are nominating for Professional Services Staff Member of the Year
Birmingham City University is committed to safeguarding your personal data. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Contacting us about how we use your information
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we use or handle your information please contact the Data Protection Officer at: Data Protection Officer, Information Management Team, Birmingham City University, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham B5 5JU, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 121 331 5288.
If you are not content with how we handle your information please contact our Data Protection Officer. However you do also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Information about the Information Commissioner.