While the national Covid-19 vaccination program has been effective in controlling the virus and most government restrictions have been removed, BCU staff and students can still help to prevent the spread of infection and minimise the effects, both on and away from campus.
Vaccination and/or booster dose appointments are still available through the NHS and is still the best defence against the virus.
If you have tested positive for Covid
- Report your positive test result on Notify
- Stay at home for at least 5 days after your positive test and following the NHS guidance
If you are feeling unwell
If you do need to leave your home, take extra precautions:
- Wear a well fitted face covering or surgical mask
- Wash your hands more frequently
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid contact with people who may be at greater risk
- Limit contact with others in crowded or poorly ventilated places.
You can find the latest BCU information, and signposts to government guidance on the Living with Covid iCity page.