Student Timetables 2018/19
Who do I contact if I have queries/concerns about my timetable?
If you have any questions related to your timetable please complete the timetabling enquiry form. Your query will be forwarded to the relevant member of Timetabling staff. We endeavour to respond to all queries within 2 working days. If your query relates to changing the timetable in any way, your Programme Lead will be contacted for final approval.
Why can I not see my timetable?
The following things need to have occurred in order for your personalised timetable to be visible:
You need to be fully registered for the 2018/19 academic year
- First year students must make sure that they have fully enrolled in order to view their personalised timetables.
- All students must be registered on a module/assigned a group – students can check this via their Faculty office
- If you are in the process of transferring courses or modules, there may be a delay in your timetable becoming visible.
If you are still unable to see your timetable following enrolment, please complete the timetabling enquiry form.
- The Academic Calendar comprises two versions - one for Undergraduate students and one for Postgraduate students;
- The Postgraduate calendar applies to many, but not all taught postgraduate programmes. Please consult your Programme Handbooks for the detailed schedule;
- Graduate+ weeks (employability activity) will comprise a range of employability and professional development activities across campuses;
- Most courses have an ‘inter-semester’ week (wc: 29 January) – Examples of what this might comprise includes: professional development and employability activity, trips and/or work based visits, Moodle on-line activity, independent learning and/or group projects and presentations;
- Assessment is NOT limited solely to the weeks indicated, but these weeks have been identified as they may typically be utilised for exams, assignment hand in dates and other assessment.
Please note a minority of courses follow slightly different academic calendar weeks, for example those that are heavily placement based on those starting in months other than September. If your course is different, this will be made clear in your Programme Handbook.
Key Dates for 2018/19
|Welcome Week||17 September 2018|
|Semester 1 begins||24 September 2018|
|Winter vacation||17 December 2018 - 6 January 2019|
|Semester 1 ends||25 January 2019|
Inter semester activity (wide range of activities see your Programme Handbook)
|28 January 2019|
|Semester 2 begins||4 February 2019|
|Easter vacation||15 April - 28 April 2019|
|Semester 2 ends||31 May 2019|
|Results notification for UG students||W/C 8 July 2019|
|End of Assessment Period||Friday 31 May|
|Start of Re-sit Period (attendance will be required for re-sits)||Monday 3 June|
|End of Re-sit Period||Friday 2 August|
|Re-sit results notification||W/C Monday 19 August|