Cookies and Privacy

The University uses cookies on this website to provide the best experience possible including delivering personalised content on this website, other websites and social media. By continuing to use the site you agree to this, or your can go to our cookie policy to learn more and manage your settings.

Financial support

A number of organisations offer bursaries ranging from £500 to £5,000 which you won’t need to pay back. We also have further information about Disabled Students Allowance, and Teacher Training bursaries.


You may wish to apply for a scholarships from these organisations:


You can apply for a £5,000 postgraduate scholarship which is available for all subject areas. Two £500 runners-up scholarships will also be awarded.

Postgrad Solutions 

Business students can apply for annual bursaries worth £500 each.

Master of Law students can apply for annual global bursaries worth £500 each.

Other options

Career Development Loans

We are a Professional and Career Development Loans registered Learning Provider, registration number 10118. A Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial bank loan that you can use to help pay for work-related learning.

For further information please visit the GOV.UK website or contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900.

Find out more

Disabled Students Allowance

Postgraduate students with an impairment, health condition or learning difficulty may be able to get financial help from Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs). You can apply through Student Finance England.

Find out more

PGCE students

Although this is a postgraduate course, current PGCE students are eligible for the finance support package available to full-time undergraduates. You may also receive a Teacher Training Bursary of up to £30,000 per year, subject specific.

For more information please visit The National College for Teaching and Leadership website, or contact them on 0800 389 2500.

Find out more

Social Work Bursaries

Social Work Bursaries are non-repayable and can be used to help with study and living costs. They are capped so there's only a limited number available. If you're eligible and manage to secure a bursary it'll be paid directly into your bank account.

For more information please visit The NHS Social Work website

Find out more

Trusts and charities

Students can apply to external trusts and charities to raise funds in an effort to fund postgraduate study.