What We Do

Our Student Inclusion team offer advice, information and practical support to all students with a disability, medical condition, illness, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia.

The support detailed below is provided by the Student Inclusion team. If you need further information on specific support which is available relating to Mental Health and Wellbeing check out this page

The definition of disability is very wide – if you are not sure whether a condition or difficulty that you have might be a disability which entitles you to support, please contact the student inclusion team.

The support you could be entitled to at university could include:

  • Reasonable adjustments to assignments and assessments
  • Tailored library support
  • Advice on Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA), equipment and software
  • Support workers such as mentors and study skills tutors
  • Accessible parking
  • Accessible accommodation

The team includes a pre-entry disability adviser, who will offer applicants information about the support which may be available to them at Birmingham City University.

The student inclusion team is based at our City Centre and City South campuses, on the first floor of the Curzon building and the first floor of the Seacole building. Due to current social distancing measures, student inclusion team staff can see enrolled students by appointment only at the present time. Please email us if you would like an appointment.

If you are an applicant or prospective applicant, please email us to book a time for a chat via telephone or Microsoft Teams.

Disability Support: A Guide For Students


We're continually trying to improve support and facilities for disabled students, applicants and prospective applicants, and we are open to any suggestions you have about our service. As well any changes you'd like to see, if there is something you like about our service, please tell us!

If you're unhappy about any aspect of our service, we hope that you'll feel comfortable to discuss this with a member of staff in the first instance. For example, you could raise a disability support-related matter with your Disability Adviser, who should then be able to help resolve your complaint.

We aim to resolve your concerns through informal discussions. However, if this does not happen, you can follow the University's official complaints procedures. You can also email your questions, comments or concerns to our team

Current students can find us on iCity

Student support information is available on our student portal, iCity (a university login is required).

Find us on iCity