The High Achievers Recognition Scheme and the Academic Awards Scheme in collaboration with Santander Universities offer 9 scholarships (8 Undergraduate and 1 Postgraduate) across BCU.
The BCU-Santander Widening Participation Bursary aims at supporting students coming from traditionally under-represented groups within higher education.
- 8 students will be awarded a one-off bursary of £1,000 each
- Selection in line with the University’s Access and Participation Plan
- Eligible are 2nd and 3rd Year students from low participation/high deprivation neighbourhoods, black or from ethnic minority backgrounds, who declare a disability, and vulnerable groups, e.g. care leavers, estranged students
- Priority will be given to students achieving an average of 60% or above on their previous year's results, also to students demonstrating high academic engagement during their course of study based on their personal circumstances.
- The BCU-Santander Postgraduate Scholarship aims at supporting one postgraduate student's research project and enhance their engagement with industry.
- 1 postgraduate student (MRes or PhD) will be awarded a one-off bursary of £2,000
- Eligible candidates are postgraduate research students at Birmingham City University able to demonstrate industry-academic cooperation in a multidisciplinary subject