Care Coordination Course - Short Course - PCI Accredited
Currently viewing course to start in 2022/23 Entry.
Birmingham City University, in partnership with Undivided Training Ltd have developed care coordination training that offers a practical, step-by-step approach for the implementation of safe and effective care coordination....
- Level Short Course
- Study mode Short Course
- Location Online Learning
- Award PCI Accredited
- Start date January 2023
- School School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Faculty Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences
Birmingham City University, in partnership with Undivided Training Ltd have developed care coordination training that offers a practical, step-by-step approach for the implementation of safe and effective care coordination.
The training will give care coordinators the confidence, skills and knowledge required to deliver a fully personalised and integrated service to patients within a primary care setting.
The training follows the Coordinating Care competency framework, produced by us in partnership with Health Education England (HEE).
What is covered in the training?
The training sessions cover the key elements of care coordination. It explores four important areas of care coordination and is based on the HEE Care Coordination Competency framework. Half a day is given to each area.
Session one - What is Care Coordination? Context and importance.
- What is care coordination and what are the benefits to the patient?
- Why do I need to do this training?
- Where do care coordinators fit locally?
- Care coordinator success stories
- Key skills required to be a good coordinator
Session two - Effective communication and relationship management.
- What does effective communication look like? (active listening, ability to quickly establish rapport with patients, adapting style, etc)
- Dealing with challenging patients
- Creating and sustaining professional relationships
Session three - Aligning resources with patient needs, establishing accountability and creating proactive care plans
- Understanding the importance and purpose of health promotion
- Providing coordinators with knowledge about the range of services available
- Developing confidence in understanding suitability for different patient requests and practice in the process of matching a patients need to a service
Session four - Implementing Care Coordination and developing continuous learning skills
This session is focused on practical information and tips on how to implement care coordination within organisations following this training.
- What to expect and examples of best practice
- How this will be communicated to patients
- Information regarding further support and learning from each other
Why choose us?
- The 12-hour training is delivered by expert trainers online via Microsoft Teams
- 121 catch up with an expert trainer three months after the training
- Access to ongoing support and learning via our Care Coordination Community (CCC)
- Certificate of completion from Birmingham City University
- Start soon! We generally have at least one cohort each month so you don't have to wait to begin your training
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality and flexible bespoke training
- Passionate, knowledgeable training team who will share their experience
- Our feedback rating is currently 4.6 out of 5 and overall, we have achieved excellent feedback
Studying with us during the Covid-19 pandemic
The University has put in place measures in response to Covid-19 to allow us to safely deliver our courses. Should the impact of the pandemic continue in future years, any additional or alternative arrangements put in place by the University will be in accordance with the latest government public health advice, health and safety legislation, and the terms and conditions of the student contract.
Fees & How to Apply
The University reserves the right to increase fees in line with inflation based on the Retail Prices Index or to reflect changes in Government funding policies or changes agreed by Parliament up to a maximum of five per cent.
- January 9th AND January 16th - both full days.
- January 30th AND February 13th - both full days.
- March 21st AND March 28th - both full days.
- The fee for this course is £900 (for group discounts contact Tom)
Facilities & Staff
Our Care Coordination course is delivered through the an online learning resource, with online study materials to guide you through the appropriate topics, as well as providing links to other resources.