Cookies and Privacy

The University uses cookies on this website to provide the best experience possible including delivering personalised content on this website, other websites and social media. By continuing to use the site you agree to this, or your can go to our cookie policy to learn more and manage your settings.


What does Brexit mean for EU students?

On the 23 June 2016, the UK voted to leave the European Union. As negotiations continue between the UK government and EU about how best to separate, this has created uncertainty for European students who are interested in studying in the UK

EU students studying in the UK

For EU students applying to study in the UK for the 2018/19 or 2019/20 academic year there is good news. At both undergraduate and postgraduate level, EU students will still pay the same fees as UK students and also be eligible for the same loans and grants. This will stay the same, regardless of when the UK leaves the EU.

UK universities and EU students

UK universities have always supported diversity, tolerance and internationalism and the UK remains one of the most welcoming destinations in the world for an EU student looking to gain a world class education. All universities strongly believe that European and international students make a vital contribution to UK higher education and society as a whole.

Would you like to speak to a member of the International Office?

Please find our contact information here.


Download our FAQ document here.