The Materials: Processing and Design research subgroup is focused on studying the interaction of complex physical processes in manufacturing and metal-forming processes. It also assesses the development of new physically-based multiscale modelling methodologies for material characterisation and design.
Areas of activity
- Additive manufacturing of multi-layered materials;
- Ultra-fine grain size and nano-crystallised metallic materials;
- Thermomechanical processing of metallic materials;
- Polymer and composite materials;
- Lightweight structural materials;
- Nano composites.
- Shiva Babu
- Nikita Chadha
- Charles Morgan
- Mohammad Rabbani