PGCE Secondary partnerships
- Placement Documents
- Professional Expectations
- Mentoring Documents
- Mentor CPD
- Partnership Information
- Minutes, Reports and Newsletters
Information and documents below should be used by partner schools and mentors during the PGCE year
2021/22 Calendar overview - all routes
This is a full timetable for the PGCE year - we will do our very best to update this with any changes over the year!
A short overview of the year (designed for Core PGCE trainees) is also available as a guide to mentors here:
2021/22 School Based Training Documents for Mentors
BCU ITE Tracker
2021/22 School Based Training Documents used by Trainees
Example Progress Journal Weekly Review page: blank copy
Payments to Schools
Schools are remunerated for hosting a BCU trainee teacher:
- School Based Training Experience 1 / Phase 1 and part 1 of Phase 2 (November to February) Payments are £350 per trainee,
- School Based Training Experience 2 / Part 2 of Phase 2 and Phase 3 (March to June) Payments are £650 per trainee.
Payments to schools are made after the scheduled end date for the placement. In order to trigger the payment process schools must submit the end of placement paperwork to the Education Partnerships team. Relevant documentation will include the following:
- Completed and signed attendance letter from Initial School Engagement Week Placement and/or Enrichment Placement
- Completed and signed End of Placement Report for each trainee from Birmingham City University attending the school for a placement.
- Completion of the online mentor survey (an online survey link is sent out towards the end of each placement).
Existing school partners receive a Purchase Order Number - sent to your finance officer - once end of placement documentation is received.
If you are a new school partner, or one who has not supported BCU trainees for the last two academic years, we will need the following documentation in order to organise payment. Please submit these in advance of the end of each School Based Training Experience .
- A completed ‘New Supplier Form’ (document here New Supplier Form )
- A copy of the school bank details (Sort Code/Account Number) on a letter-headed document.
- A copy of the school’s public liability insurance.
Once you are registered as a supplier for BCU, the Education Partnerships Team will issue your PO no. when the listed requirements above are submitted.
Please return all the above documents to email@example.com.
Upon receipt of the PO no you then need to send an invoice to the finance team using the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The invoice must have the PO reference number
- The invoice must be in PDF format
- The invoice must have the school's own reference
- The invoice must have a date
2021/22 Tutor Visit Forms
Compliance and quality assurance checks during School Based training will usually be completed through an online form. On occasions tutors will need to complete checks physically - using the form below.
Archive PGCE paperwork - 2020/21
Please find below forms to use with continuing trainees from 2020/21.