This course is delivered via the Cisco Academy program and includes:
- course material (in book or e-book form)
- online labs accessing remote equipment
- virtual labs using packet tracer
- recorded presentations
- online chapter and end tests
- skills testing
- email and phone support
- vouchers for all three CCNP certification exams to be taken at our testing centre.
This course is designed for self study with remote access and support.
There is a requirement to come into the University at the end of each module to complete online assessments and practical tests.
On successful completion of each course you will receive a course completion certificate; you will also be given a voucher enabling you to take the relevant certification exam at our test centre.
- The Cisco CCNP curriculum is designed for those seeking career oriented, enterprise-level networking skills. CCNP helps you develop the skills needed to succeed in ICT-related degree and diploma programmes and prepare for the Cisco CCNP certification. It provides a theoretically rich, hands-on learning experience covering advanced routing, switching, and troubleshooting skills.
- CCNP equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to plan, implement, secure, maintain, and troubleshoot converged enterprise networks. The CCNP curriculum was designed to reflect the job skills and responsibilities that are associated with professional-level job roles such as network engineer, systems engineer, network support engineer, network administrator, network consultant and system integrator.
The CCNP consists of three courses and is delivered with flexible start dates to suit your individual circumstances. The CCNP will start as soon as you enrol on to any one of the three courses and will last between 12 and 18 months.
Over this duration you are expected to attend three one-day sessions which will occur at the end of each module. Dates are to be arranged with the instructor.
CCNP ROUTE: Implementing IP Routing
This course teaches you how to implement, monitor, and maintain routing services in an enterprise network. You will learn how to plan, configure, and verify the implementation of complex enterprise LAN and WAN routing solutions, using a range of routing protocols in IPv4 and IPv6 environments. The course also covers the configuration of secure routing solutions to support branch offices and mobile workers. Comprehensive labs emphasise hands-on learning and practice to reinforce configuration skills.
CCNP SWITCH: Implementing IP Switching
This course teaches you how to implement, monitor, and maintain switching in converged enterprise campus networks. You will learn how to plan, configure, and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions. The course also covers the secure integration of VLANs, WLANs, voice, and video into campus networks. Comprehensive labs emphasise hands-on learning and practice to reinforce configuration skills.
CCNP TSHOOT: Maintaining and Troubleshooting IP Networks
This course teaches you how to monitor and maintain complex, enterprise routed and switched IP networks. Skills learned include the planning and execution of regular network maintenance, as well as support and troubleshooting using technology based processes and best practices, based on systematic and industry recognised approaches. Extensive labs emphasise hands-on learning and practice to reinforce troubleshooting techniques. CCNP ROUTE and CCNP SWITCH are both prerequisites for this course.
While not a requirement, completion of any of the following is advisable:
- CCNA Certified
- Completed CCNA Discovery
- Completed CCNA Exploration
- Equivalent industrial experience.
For more information:
Tel: 0121 331 5400
Prospective students from the UK
- Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to a range of questions about our courses and studying here.
- If you need further help, you can contact the Course Enquiries Team online by using the Course Enquiry Form.
- Alternatively, call us on +44 (0)121 331 5595.
For more information on this course, and to apply, contact Linda Maxwell on:
Tel: +44 (0)121 331 7531