Professor Barny Morris
Head of Strategy, Management and Marketing
- +44 (0)121 331 5211
Barny is currently an Associate Professor working in the Birmingham City Business School and programme manager for the MSc Management programme. Barny teaches on both undergraduate modules (Service Design) and postgraduate marketing programmes (Marketing Management and Strategic Marketing). He supports the University's internationalisation strategy by taking part in recruitment and teaching activities abroad in China.
Past roles have included:
- Marketing, design and communications agency roles up to Account Director level working on national and international B2C and B2B client accounts (SEGA, Sony, Massey Ferguson, Finning Caterpillar, Megger, Turtlewax, PZ Cussons), including profit responsibility, operations and line management of account and design teams.
- Business advisor and grant holder working with SMEs on introducing design and marketing processes and implementing a wide variety of design and marketing projects managing third party consultancy contracts.
- Working in the UK construction sector as marketing manager, implementing multi-channel marketing and sales campaigns.
- Independent marketing consultant, nationally accredited, working with a variety of SME organisations to deliver a variety of marketing activities.
- Product designer, designing and developing patented street furniture products for the local authority market.
- Published academic working as a researcher on EPSRC and ESRC projects within the design management and new product development areas. Projects included action research with GPT (GEC Plessey) investigating the ‘fuzzy’ front end of NPD and a project that investigated design consultancy management practices as an international cross comparison between Sweden, Denmark and UK consultancies.