Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP)
What is KTP?
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) is Europe’s leading programme in helping businesses to improve their competitiveness, productivity and performance through the better use of the knowledge, technology and skills which are available in the UK knowledge base.
Interested? Next steps:
Contact the Research, Innovation and Enterprise Team and we will be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience to discuss how a KTP project can really help your business to move forward.
Contact: Natalie Lewis, Knowledge Transfer Manager
Research, Innovation & Enterprise Team
T: 0121 331 5677
Part-funded by the Government, a KTP involves the formation of a partnership between a business (including private and third sector organisations and charities) an academic institution, along with the appointment of a recently qualified graduate, who is known as the KTP Associate.
The KTP Associate is supervised in facilitating the transfer of knowledge and the embedding of a new capability within the organisation. Once a business identifies an area where support is needed, the graduate will work on that specific project to achieve a solution.
- A national programme that has been supporting business for over 35 years
- A three-way collaboration between a business, the University and a high-calibre graduate who is employed by the University, based at your premises (working to your terms and conditions) and mentored by an experienced academic expert 0.5 days per week for the duration of the project
- Each project gives you access to the University's knowledge, expertise and technologies that has to demonstrate strategic development in to your business, and give you a minimum of £240, 000 in annual projects before tax
- KTP programmes are flexible in delivery, ranging from 6-36 months, depending upon the nature of the project and technology involved
Previous projects include:
- Product design
- Business process improvement
- An increase of over £220,000 in annual profits before tax.
- The creation of three genuine new jobs.
- An increase in skills of existing staff.
Through the KTP you can:
- Access qualified people to spearhead new projects.
- Access experts who help take your business forward.
- Develop innovative solutions to help your business grow.
- Develop your business for today’s market.
- Increase your competitive advantage.
- Improve your performance/business operations.
- Increase profitability.
“The Associate researched the market to establish how to position the company and assess whether…
Concept Design Enhancement
"I was extremely excited by the prospect of this third KTP to help enhance Morgan’s capabilities in…
Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
“Our partnership with Birmingham City University over the last several years has given significant…
New Product Development
“At Glassdomain we are committed to using design to improve lifestyle. Through this KTP, Birmingham…
“The KTP enabled us to reach the key decision-makers within our target market. I would highly…
Process Improvement for Bottle Curing
With the work conducted through the KTP scheme, Glasscoat International feels confident to expose…
Design-Enhanced Manufacturing Process
“The KTP helped us to focus our attention on key areas for developing new contemporary designs for…