Staff at the Birmingham School of Architecture and Design are an interdisciplinary community of researchers, practitioners, teachers and makers who are involved in the production and evaluation of space through different scales.
We can offer design consultancy to individuals or organisations of any size in any sector. Our position at a University with key specialisms mean we are well placed to offer a unique service that offers a rigorous research-led approach and goes beyond conventional design services available in the commercial sector.
We ensure a collaborative method to the projects we undertake, working closely with our partners to devise contextually driven responses. Our expertise, experience and research is contemporary and situation-based.
The School can provide consultancy and research-led design services in the following areas:
- Future Living, sustainable and digital design including technical and environmental simulation, drone aerial footage and photography, AR/VR simulation;
- History, theory and heritage including conservation architecture, heritage statements;
- Collaborative and creative design practices including design generation and design analysis;
- Urbanism and wellbeing including: pubic realm and landscape;
- Manufacturing processes and innovation in 3D design including material exploration;
- Design/Practice Management and Strategic Design.
Whilst we are able to complete architectural and fabrication services, we do not offer work that competes with existing practices. Our consultancy focusses predominantly on specific research-led inquiry that is distinctive to commercial practice or working in partnership with design firms to share best practice to achieve innovative outcomes.
If you have a project that may be suitable for our consultancy, please contact the school lead:
School Lead: Enterprise + innovation / Senior Lecturer