BIM in Birmingham 2020
- Sarah Davidson | Implementation Co-Lead of BIM Alliance
- Megan Sobczyk and William Allen | Foster and Partners
- Dr Abel Maciel | Design Computation
- Maria Avrami and Mark Winnington | Zaha Hadid Architects
- Jens Kaarsholm | BIG
- Victoria Farrow | BIM in Birmingham Chair
- Tony Fitzpatrick | AW2 Architects, Finland
- Rob Annable | Axis Design Architects
- Christian Nakarado | Daoust Lestage
- Paul Beaty Pownell | bpr
- Retha Swanepoel | Gensler
- Luka Stefanovic | Vectorworks UK
- Dr. Marzia Bolpagni | Mace Group
- Anna Galika | BDP
- Rosemarie Andrews | Bryden Wood
- Brent Rees | Ridge
- James Gregory | Plowman Craven
- Michael Hudson | FL innovations
- Mark Rintoul | Rogers Stirk Harbour Partners
- David Williams and Eimear Hanratty | O Donnell Toumey
- Michelle Pannone | Marywood University, USA
- Alberto Fernandez | UCH, Chile
- Aurelie de Boisseu | Grimshaw
- Karl Thurston | Graphisoft UK
- Kristopher Atkinson | Faro
- Tom Boyd | BPR
- Rhys Lewis | Revitzo
- Dr Fang Xu | Foster and Partners
- Blerina Celniku | Foster and Partners
- Alberto Liesa Olmeda | Foster and Partners
- Laura Gonzalez Arribas | Foster and Partners
- Richard Black | Rogers, Stirk, Harbour and Partners
- Oliver Thomas| BIG
- Tony Fitzpatrick | BIMcrowd
In January 2020, the Birmingham School of Architecture and Design will open its doors to host the 4th International BIM event. This exciting event builds both on the success of previous conferences in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The BIM in Birmingham 2020 event sets out with a refreshed agenda and a series of themes for speakers to respond to. These themes will permit for a series of topical and important discussions surrounding Building Information Modelling in the built environment. For further information on the themes for the event, please see below.
Event themes includes:
- BIM virtual vs reality | Does BIM stand up on site?
- BIM | Can it? Does it? Will it impact climate change?
- Project | BIM
You can find out more information on the event themes here.
As in previous years, the BIM events continue to seek to widen participation and encourage attendance from students, designers, architects, BIM specialists, practitioners and various sized practices. All are welcome to both attend and take part in the presentations.
The BIM in Birmingham series of events is partnered by the aae (association of architectural educators) and with this in mind, we welcome schools of architecture from across the country together with local, national and international practitioners with whom we will exchange knowledge and learning about Building Information Modelling. If you are an academic or student from a school of architecture and would like a group of students to attend or take part, please get in touch.
22 January 2020
Tickets are now SOLD OUT
To submit your interest for speaking or becoming involved with the event please contact Victoria Farrow. Opportunities include the ability to submit as a practice or individual for a presentation talk. See submission guidelines below.
Sponsor the event
There is also a fantastic opportunity to become a sponsor to the BIM in Birmingham event series. For more information on how you can become part of this international event, please see here.
BIM in Birmingham Sponsors
BIM in Birmingham Partners
Presentations and workshop proposals from BIM specialists, architects, BIM managers or similar
Guest speakers are allocated a 25 minute slot for their presentation on the day of the event. Selected speakers maybe invited to present for a 60 minute slot. Contact Victoria Farrow or complete the attached template and submit by 15 November 2019.